Remote control with EventGhost - I'm stuck, need help (1 Viewer)

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After many years of using MP1, these days I'm finally trying to upgrade to MP2.2. I already mastered several hurdles, but now I'm stuck when trying to configure my Medion X10 remote. In short: I find no way how to stop a playing media (e.g. audio, video, tv) with the Stop key.

The long story:
    I'm using the same setup that has worked for mans years in MP1: X10 remote, X10 receiver, EventGhost (EG). EG offers a plugin for MP1, which talks to the Message Plugin - however this interface seems not to exist for MP2. So time for workarounds/new approaches.
    I'm configuring EG in a way that it emulates keypresses which allow me to control some actions of MP2: cursor, enter, escape and a few shortcuts.
    I configured in input management that "stop" is triggered by a "B", like in MP1. It works when pressing the keyboard "B". Now I mapped the stop button of my X10 to emulate a "B" key press - but nothing happens. I tried around many (tm) things, like upper/lowercase "B", different emulation methods in EG, other keys - nothing. What is weird is that I'm always able to use the buttons mentioned above - so the interface seems to be still alive.
    I didn't find either the place where the mappings are configured nor a logfile where I could trace the keypresses.

I would be happy to get some hints how to overcome this. I searched through both wiki and forums but without success. Thank you in advance.

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nobody has ever set up MP2 with EventGhost? I assume that the missing EG plugin is the core issue. I tried Kodi meanwhile - EG provides a XBMC2 plugin which makes the interface work like a charm. Are there other possibilities to control MP2 via an X10 remote without using EG?

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, feels a bit sad. But after so many years this was my trigger to move to Kodi. I appreciated a lot this community and I still continue using the TVE3 server. Good luck all!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

only remotes with MCE compatible drivers are supported.
    I don't know details about the mentioned remote, but it's out of the supported list. MP2.2 contains a Input Manager, if you could not configure your remote with it, it looks not good. We are also working on extended HID support, but this most probably will not help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom