Remote IR connection issues =( (1 Viewer)

shirles

October 16, 2011
Hello everyone =) I hope someone on here can help me out and its just a simple fix. I built a HTPC out of my old computer. It is running Windows XP Home SP3 so naturally I was going to use MediaPortal since XP doesn't have a native Media Center application installed. I bought a remote for the system so I wouldn't have to use a keyboard and mouse setup to operate it. However, I it won't install the necessary drivers. Apparently I bought a MCE Remote (link below) which is for Vista, so the drivers aren't being automatically installed in my version of windows. It just gives me an add new hardware wizard for the "eHome Infrared Transmitter" but can't find anything to install for it. I was wondering if anyone has an insight to fixing this...I have tried to download the Media Center Remote drivers from the repository here, but those aren't compatible. Seems that since it is a Vista remote, not an XP MCE remote, it is not installing them. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you so much!!!

Amazon.com: Noah Company MediaGate GP-IR02BK Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate MCE Remote Control, 2 Channel IR (Black): Electronics

MediaPortal Version: 1.2
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: XP Home SP3
CPU Type: Intel
HDD: WD Raptor
HTPC Case: Silverstone

shirles

October 16, 2011
That looks like what I may need, however, the link is no longer active =/

Do you remember how it was supposed to work, what I was supposed to change/add in to the registry?

Ok, I think I did it right...I didnt have an irbus.inf file in my "Windows\inf" folder, but I did download the files from this site and made my own entries using the Hardware ID I found. I then had the Add New Hardware wizard look file/folder to install the driver and it installed ok (I think). When I hit a button on the remote now a red light lights up on the receiver connected to my HTPC. However, no buttons seems to be doing anything...if I hit the Green MC button nothing opens, when I got into MP and try to use the arrows to navigate it does nothing. I have the MCE Remote option checked in the MP Configuration area, but it's not doing anything.

Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom