Remote MCE keyboard - performance is a bit odd (1 Viewer)

havocthief

Portal Member
November 27, 2005
I am really enjoying the MCE keyboard!

But I've noticed that when moving the mouse pointer, even if the LED is blinking on the infrared receiver - that the mouse will move in jumps and starts.

Everything is okay when line of sight is restored.

It just seems strange that the infrared is blinking solidly with the mouse - indicating that the receiver can see the keyboard's inputs - yet that does not always translate to the PC moving the mouse fluently.

Perhaps it's a case of quality of signal and not just the receiver being happy that a signal is being received!

Any thoughts?

BTW at first I hated the pointer nub but it's weirdly therapeutic to use for relaxed web surfing.

havocthief

Portal Member
November 27, 2005
Just to add - would a set of top-notch rechargeable batteries help?

Another thought is that the keyboard is designed for living room use, where the receiver gets a good chance at "seeing" the keyboard, whereas in a small bedroom the keyboard is often used at funny angles, or a desk gets in the way, etc.

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My mce keyboard is acting strange sometimes that although at only normal desk distance from the receiver keypresses are missed. And the mouse pointer could have been ok when they left the pressure sentivity out of the design.

At the moment I'm still running on my first set of batteries but I've bought NI-MH batteries for my mce keyboard and remote. The remote uses a set in 1 to 1,5 month. By the way the mce remote crashes when the batteries go below a certain voltage. Made me replace my first mce remote after a month. See what happens with the keyboard.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MCE Remote reset

Remote Control stops working and until a capacitor has discharged 15-30 mins later will not let you install new batteries and remote appears DEAD are the symtoms, so patience is a virtue after all.

Ray 8)

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can recomend the remote, it works very well.
    As sad in the post you just have to leave the batterie compartment empty for 15-30 minutes before inserting the fresh batteries.

But the first time it happened I thought the remote had died on me and brought it back for waranty replacement. MS should have added a litle note on this issue in the package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom