Remote not working after resume (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD Blue
Windows Version: Win7 Ult 64
CPU Type: Phenom II X4 955
HDD: 2TB Samsung F4
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Motherboard: MSI 990FXA-GD80
Video Card: HD6950 2GB
Video Card Driver: 12.1
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC892)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.01.6482
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD11
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: MS DTV-DVD
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: TRUE Rev. c CPU / HSF Scythe 120mm fan
Power Supply: Antec CP-850
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I have MP set to restart after resuming, which I observed it do, but my remote was not working properly. Some time later, I closed MP and restarted it manually (which is what it already did automatically after resuming) and the remote worked fine after that.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Try setting a startup delay. Perhaps the device drivers are not loaded before MP starts. If this is the case, this is an easy test and there would be nothing we can do about it.

Mark

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Try setting a startup delay. Perhaps the device drivers are not loaded before MP starts. If this is the case, this is an easy test and there would be nothing we can do about it.

Mark

Thanks, that seems like it might do the trick. I'll go and try it.

I didn't realise there was an additional delay that could be set for MP, as I've set the "Delay for TV card detection" to 30 seconds in TV Server config, and the remote is part of the TV card and it's seemed to have been OK with that set previously.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Setting the "Delay when restarting MP" to 10 seconds seemed to work, but today the remote wasn't working again. I opened MP config, which forces MP to close, and increased it to 20 seconds but after restarting MP the remote still wasn't working, which was weird as obviously quite a bit of time had elapsed since restarting by now.

I normally close MP with ALT+F4, so it occurred to me that perhaps closing it with MP config somehow doesn't do something that ALT+F4 does, so I closed it with ALT+F4 and restarted it and the remote was working fine after that.

So I wonder if the the "Restart MP after resume" option also results in something not being reset, and this is why the remote isn't working after resuming from standby and MP auto-restarting, but it is after closing MP with ALT+F4 and manually restarting?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Presumably the standard cursor type keys work in other applications? When the remote is not working on resume is it working in other apps?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi

I was just about to update this as I experienced the problem again this morning, despite the "delay after resume" being set to 20 seconds. I see from Mediaportal.bak that it does delay after resuming from 08:04:19 till 08:04:39.

To answer your question, yes I noticed this morning that the cursor keys were making my browser window scroll up and down. When I closed MP, I got an error about HCWHelper having crashed and after restarting MP manually the remote was working OK again.

eRJe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2009
    Den Helder
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I have a similar problem with MP 1.2.3. I have Mediaportal startup automatically with Windows startup. Sometimes when I boot the computer, and Mediaportal started up, the remote won't work for Mediaportal. Although the IR monitor receives the IR commands from my remote. Closing down Mediaportal (via keyboard) and restarting it always solves the problem.

I have tried setting a startup delay for Mediaportal. At first I thought this worked but like the OP the issue came back. Although, it is hard to say if it "came back" because the problem does not always occur after a reboot.

Robbert

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom