Remote not working (1 Viewer)

Flugy

Portal Member
October 17, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.

My remote is doing nothing. Can't find a solution after reading so much posts. Hope here are some experts available to help.

My remote bundle is from streacom. So receiver is Philips RC260. Board is Asrock B75-ITX with CIR header. So booting with remote works fine. On and off is both working in every situation.

But my remote is not working in MP or in MCE. Nothing is working. Not only one or two keys.

What do you think could be the problem?

Environment:
Win 7 Professional 64Bit
IRSS installed
(Checkbox for Microsoft MCE and Philipps MCE USB IR Receiver is set)
Windows System shows me "Microsoft eHome Infrarottransreceiver and Nuvoton SIO CIR Device Driver
Tested MCE ckeckbox set and unset in MP

Hope you can help.
After reading and reading, I have no further idea how to solve it.

Flugy

Flugy

Portal Member
October 17, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.
I added the logs. hope it helps.
Furthermore I can see, weindows added a mouse and keyboard for the eHome device.
but if I try to learn any command in IRSS, nothing happens. Only timeouts.

Hope you have an idea.

Flugy

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i think, you must uncheck all receiver(Custom HID, Window Message, Direct Input, MCE
    , try with only philips.

First, make sure, your remote work natively with MCE, without IRSS, if not work, maybe your drivers or an services is not started !
    when work with MCE, you can try with IRSS

Flugy

Portal Member
    October 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Found the solution.
    I have a cir header at mainboard. IR receiver is USB. This little f... difference cost me one weekend of search. Placing the cable to USB works fine. even starting stopping from S5. Thanks for your help.
    now I have to solve, why keys do not the right things. Hoper there is something like a translator config I can reuse.

With best regards
    Flugy

Flugy

Portal Member
    October 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    My solution was no solution. Now I changed the equipment and I have still no luck. Do you have any further ideas for me?

Additionaly I bought a Intesec RC6 receiver (I think it is cales CIR2.01) with Asrock CIR connection cable. Starting Windows shows me Microsoft eHome Infrarottransreceiver and Nuvoton SIO CIR Device in system manager. Using the philipps remote with no luck. Now I have a Harmony 900 too. Configured to the device Windows Media Center SE. But receiver is doing nothing. Mediaportal is not reacting on both remotes. MCE the same. IR receiver has a small LED. The LED is not flashing. In Bios CIR is enabled.

All I could find is in properties view from Nuvoton in device manager, in Ressource panel, I can see there is an address conflict with my motherboard. In first panel (summary) I get the message device is working. Is there some other huy with ASrock motherboard and CIR unsing. Is it normal to have this address conflict? There is another EA block enabled too.

Hope you can give me some more ideas what could I test.
    (My Board is ASrock B75m-ITX)

With best regards
    Flugy

Flugy

Portal Member
    October 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, now it is working, but I don't knwo exactly why.
    I changed shutdown behavior from stopping in S3 to S5. After that. Everything else works too. Strange but I just accept it and have fun with my system.
    (backup and don't touch. :))

With best regards
    Flugy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom