Remote sending multiple commands - USBUIRT - MP v1.5 (1 Viewer)

nerdshoveler

January 11, 2007
I just upgraded Mediaportal from 1.3 to 1.5. In the previous version I did not experience this issue. In 1.5, I have MP configured to use USBUIRT (with a Logitech Harmony 650 remote).

When I start MP (Titan skin) I then use the directional arrows on the remote to begin navigation. If I press any arrow 2 times consecutively, then the second press is treated as though I sent it 3 times. For example, I press the right arrow once, but MP moves right 1 time; then I press the right arrow a second time and MP moves right 3 times.

However, if I press an arrow once and then press a different arrow once and finally press the original arrow again, MP treats each press properly. For example, I press the right arrow once and MP moves right 1 time; then I press the down arrow once and MP moves down 1 time; then I press the right arrow once and MP moves right 1 time.

So far, this experience has been the same for every programmed button on the remote.

I have tried disabling the USBUIRT remote in MP configuration and running MP to see if it responds to the remote - it doesn't respond at all (as expected). I tried re-learning the commands for the remote in the USBUIRT section of MP Configuration, but it didn't help.

I don't know if this next piece is related to the issue - I have noticed that with version 1.5, the time it takes to process input devices during the startup of the program has increased. The rest of the startup process seems to take the same amount of time.

Attached are the log files I created from following the "reproducible problems within Mediaportal" instructions in the wiki.

Anyone have any ideas for a fix?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello nerdshoveler

From the code history, I can see @Scythe42 made some changes related to repeats and delays.

From our internal forum:
    In the USB-UIRT configuration dialog you have two new options:

Initial Delay before a command is repeated. Means how long a button needs to be held down before repeating starts (default is the former hardcoded 300 ms).

Delay between repeats. Means how fast once repeating is started commands are send to MP. I set it do a default of 30ms. This is what I use since decades when it comes to remotes. Before the 300ms were used as well, which is way too slow (just browse in coverflow and you fall asleep).

The later of course applies to number input as well. The SMS style input dialogue takes commands as fast as they are coming. Try it with the keyboard and you see the same kind of problem.

Do you see these options, and have you tried adjusting them?

mm

nerdshoveler

January 11, 2007
    Yes, I see these options and they defaulted to 300ms and 30ms respectively. I tried changing these to 600ms and 60ms respectively but it didn't change anything. I then reset Initial Delay back to 300 and set the Delay between repeats to 300 (so now they are both at 300ms). This worked. I then gradually adjusted the "delay between repeats" to as small a number as possible without experiencing this issue. The lowest I could go is 219ms. So this is where I have it set at now. If for some reason this doesn't fix it, I'm sure it will reveal itself sometime today and I'll update the post.

Did this code update introduce a change in these numbers from previous versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom