Remote type for configuration (1 Viewer)

Printerman101

Portal Pro
April 5, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

i am assuming my remote is not supported out of the box as it not a common brand.

I know i will probably have to map the keys but i'm unsure as to which remote type to match in.

http://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs6920-dvb-s2-tv-tuner-pcie-card.html

Is my remote an IR device? It says in the spec it has an IR reciever.

Also, i have an xml file which is the mapped keys supplied by the manufactrurer but i read that i need an .rem file.

Can this be converted or do i go from scratch?

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    When it comes to remotes everyone has another method. Personally I would suggest to try Eventghost. In Eventghost you first have to make sure that every pressed key on your remote is shown up on the left window.

You could try one of the plugins in order to let eventghost take care of IR commands. The Keyboard plugin did it for me.
    After that you activate the mediaportal plugin and press the button (should appear on the left side) on the remote you want to assign and simply drop it on the mediaportal action (on the right side) that should be called with the specific button.

Make sure that you uncheck "log only assigned and activated events" first.
    After that it maybe necessary to install the message plugin in mediaportal (e.g. if everything is assigned but MP isn't reacting to any keypress).

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/input-output/message-plugin-for-mp1-2?lang=en

Good luck.

P.S.: That's only one way of getting a remote to work. Maybe someone has this device and another idea.

Printerman101

Portal Pro
    April 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    i actually figured out to use a plugin which just needed to be switched on. It was a generic keyboard plugin and you bassically just map each key with the button press. Stupidly simple and works great.
    Missus quite impressed now no keyboard is needed.
    Also got sopcast filter working. Id like to know how to update the list more often or even manually as i use wiziwig.tv
    now to buy a nice box. Fancy the novatech one for 50 quid.

Thanks all for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom