Removal of hidden menu in basic home (1 Viewer)

sPiel

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'd like to remove the hidden menu from the basic home screen so the kids don't accidentally shut down my mediabox (it lives in the ceiling and I need a ladder to turn it back on)

I've tried removing it from the code but it seems to stop the menu from scrolling up and down. I can't even remove just the shut down item from the menu.

Any ideas/help?

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    The easiest way would be to remove the "action" code from BasicHome.exitmenu.xml which would render the buttons useless (still visible though).
    Attached the XML if you want.

Attachments

• BasicHome.exitmenu.xml
      3.9 KB

sPiel

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, I've made those changes for now. I'll keep trying to remove it though as it will keep bugging me. Does anyone have any idea why removal of any of these controls causes the main menu to fail?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks, I've made those changes for now. I'll keep trying to remove it though as it will keep bugging me. Does anyone have any idea why removal of any of these controls causes the main menu to fail?

Because BasicHome is using a script to keep track of where the focus of the user is. This is how main-menu, sub-items, recently added media etc. knows which controls to show and witch to hide.

If you take out something in that equation, things doesn't add up :)

sPiel

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh, I suspected something along those lines.

Well, at least the kids can't turn it off now. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom