Remove incompatible plugin (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Problem: Plugin listed under incompatible plugins and I cannot remove no matter how I try. How do I delete it from my system?

I’ve been trying to get help in the plugin forum under the section for the plugin that I have the problem with but no luck. Anyway, this issue is probably not isolated specifically to that plugin so I step over here and try to get help.

-Cut and paste from my original post-
    I have the old version of MyPrograms (GUIPrograms.mpi) stuck in my system and cant get rid of it.. I believe that I cant get the new version working cuz I cant get rid of the old one.

The old one is listed under "incompatible plugins" and I cannot remove it.

Probable reason for this fail is upgrade of MP from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0 and then to 1.2.1 without updating the plugin before upgrade.

Looking in extensions installer does not list old version but I can update/uninstall new version without problem, but cant get it to work..

I can see the old version under incompatible plugins but can not modify any settings for it there. Running the old installer (GUIPrograms.mpi) in the hope of getting a install/repair/remove does not work, gives me "old format file will NOT be installed".

I have goooogled: mediaportal manually remove plugin no luck. Readint the wiki does nothing. I have searched the forums for a manually remove plugin and I have searched files on the computer to try and "hack it out" by commenting out stuff in xml files and removing/renaming .dll and can not remove it.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

Why do you say you remove the dll? MediaPortal must be closed before you try to remove it.

Renaming won't work unless you rename the extention for example plugin.dll > plugin.old. This might be tricky in some situations, since it will depend on your explorer settings if you see the dll part or not. Best to remove it totally.

All that being said, I also do not understand why upgrading your plugin did not work. But not enough information to go into that.

Let us know your progress :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you removed the following

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\GUIPrograms.dll

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\programviews.xml

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Filesdatacontents.xml

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Programsettingprofiles.xml

See if that does the trick.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I had removed all the other files but what I had done wrong was renaming GUIPrograms.dll to old-GUIPrograms.dll and not GUIPrograms.old causing MP to load it anyway. Sorry, my bad :/

Okay... so that did not solve the problem all together but it's not longer listed under incompatible plugins :) I still can not get MyPrograms 1.0.1.0 to work. I believe that there is something left from the old version somewhere.
    I have three MP at home. One single seat, lets call this livingroom, tv-server and all. I have two others, office and bedroom. The reason for believing that there still is something left of the old MyPrograms is the way I did the upgrade.

On the single seat I first updated MP and then the incompatible plugins, on the other two I first updated all plugins and then MP. Office and bedroom have MyPrograms 1.0.1.0 working but not on the single seat.

Attached is what it looks like when I start MyPrograms in the livingroom. I have tried bot my default streamedMP skin and default blue and blue wide... looks the same,

Attachments

• capture.JPG
      capture.JPG
      15.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom