Remove record channel limit = no free tv tuner? (1 Viewer)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
Hi guys..

In one of them older versions of mediaportal they was no limit on the number of channels you could record per tuner.

If a channel is on the same Transponders like BBC ONE, BBC TWO then you could record both with only one tuner. But in mediaportal it blocks the card from doing this with the no free tuner error.

I have the TBS 6981 PCIE and It can record up to 24 channels from 2 Transponders.
http://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs6981-dvb-s2-dual-tuner-pcie-card.html

I could record up to 6-8 channels in older version of mediaportal with my old dvb-t pci.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello CrashUK

Can I assume you're trying MP 1.6... and are you using standard MP, or a custom version?
    (Please update your system specs in your profile.)

In one of them older versions of mediaportal they was no limit on the number of channels you could record per tuner.
    There has been no change to this.

If a channel is on the same Transponders like BBC ONE, BBC TWO then you could record both with only one tuner. But in mediaportal it blocks the card from doing this with the no free tuner error.
    If it does this then it is a bug and you should post log files... but there have been no changes in this area of the code.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

mm

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    Hello CrashUK

Can I assume you're trying MP 1.6... and are you using standard MP, or a custom version?
    (Please update your system specs in your profile.)

There has been no change to this.

If it does this then it is a bug and you should post log files... but there have been no changes in this area of the code.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

mm

In one of the beta versions you could record more then one channel with only one tuner. Its not a bug at all. nextpvr lets you record more then program with only one tuner. As long as they on the same Transponder.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In one of the beta versions you could record more then one channel with only one tuner.
    This has been possible with MP's TV Server for years, and it is still possible with MP 1.6. I do this at least once per week.

Its not a bug at all.
    I meant: if it doesn't work then it is a bug.

nextpvr lets you record more then program with only one tuner. As long as they on the same Transponder.
    Yes, MediaPortal, N-PVR... there are others as well.

Again: this should work. If it is not working for you then please post log files so we can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom