Removed files still shows in database and in media portal (1 Viewer)

Ne3M

Portal Member
January 17, 2010
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi,

I tried searching around but havent found another thread to solve my problem. My TV-series plugin shows files that I have removed. I cant find any way to remove these deleted files from the database, the only solution thus far is to wipeout the entire database and scan all my series again.

The problem is as follow. Assume I have a file name "Greek 1x01 h264.avi" this will point to Greek Ep 1 S1 which is correct. If I rename this file to say "Greek 1x01.avi" I now have 2 entries inside media portal -> My TV Series, one of them which is invalid. Now as soon as I delete "Greek 1x01.avi" I have 2 invalid entries still showing in media portal -> My TV Series. When I click on them it tells me to "please insert the disk". My shares are located on a network share.

I have tried different options like checking and unchecking "show only local files" and "keep references to files that are no longer available". I've also rescanned the whole database. None of the above solves my problem besider wiping out the whole database and rescanning thus removing invalid entries and only valid entries visible. Can someone perhaps help? Thank you very much :)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi there and welcome :)

If it is only a few files, you do it as follow.
    Open MP Configuration
    Go to plugins
    Configure TVSeries

In the leftmost tab, you can now browse the database entries.
    Identify the wrong one and delete it.

Ne3M

Portal Member
    January 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks for the welcome :)

Thanks for the hint, but I use TV series plugin to watch ALL my tv episodes, thus I have a HUGE collection series, about 2000 episodes so it is really hectic to keep track! Any other method to correct such a large database?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Not in front of HTPC now, but are there not an option to keep reference to files that are no longer available?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Thanks for the hint, but I use TV series plugin to watch ALL my tv episodes, thus I have a HUGE collection series, about 2000 episodes so it is really hectic to keep track! Any other method to correct such a large database?

You could do as I do, enable "delete via GUI" option, then the remote control '0' button is a quick way to enter the delete menu.

Option '1' = delete from disk, as in delete the file, but retain entry in database. This is what I use to prevent a show from dissapearing from my MP-TVSeries overview, because if you remove the last episode from a show, then the entire TV show would dissapear from the visible menu as there are no items. The show/season/episode will get an 'orange' color to indicate that MP-TVSeries can not locate any files.

Option '2' = delete from database, you can use this to clean up the 'orange' colored entries left behind after you did option '3', but because you can also repeat '3' to do the same, I never use this option.

Option '3' = delete from disk+database, cleans up files you already watched. You can do this per episode, per season, but also entire shows.

The only times you have to use the MP-TVSeries control panel to clean up things, is for the shows that are hidden or skipped during import. You can just right click those entries in the details overview menu on the left side and delete per episode/season or show basis. Just make sure to select the right buttons on the follow up questions, such as "Do you want to delete all....".

Ne3M

Portal Member
    January 17, 2010
    Home Country

You could do as I do, enable "delete via GUI" option, then the remote control '0' button is a quick way to enter the delete menu.

Option '1' = delete from disk, as in delete the file, but retain entry in database. This is what I use to prevent a show from dissapearing from my MP-TVSeries overview, because if you remove the last episode from a show, then the entire TV show would dissapear from the visible menu as there are no items. The show/season/episode will get an 'orange' color to indicate that MP-TVSeries can not locate any files.

Option '2' = delete from database, you can use this to clean up the 'orange' colored entries left behind after you did option '3', but because you can also repeat '3' to do the same, I never use this option.

Option '3' = delete from disk+database, cleans up files you already watched. You can do this per episode, per season, but also entire shows.

The only times you have to use the MP-TVSeries control panel to clean up things, is for the shows that are hidden or skipped during import. You can just right click those entries in the details overview menu on the left side and delete per episode/season or show basis. Just make sure to select the right buttons on the follow up questions, such as "Do you want to delete all....".

Ok tried that, but if I use option 2 like you state I delete that database entry, invalid AND valid entries. My problem is as follow. I have directory called "Black Adder" and I rename it to "Backadder" I now have an exact copy of the previous directory "Black Adder" with all the seasons which all the entries are now invalid. The new entries from "Blackadder" are valid but I have doubles on every episode. An invalid entry from the non existent "Black Adder" directory and a valid entry "Blackadder" directory. The same happens when I rename a episode file as well.

I'm thinking now there is no option in Tv series plugin to remove invalid entries and just keep the valid entries?! I hope I'm wrong?

T

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok tried that, but if I use option 2 like you state I delete that database entry, invalid AND valid entries. My problem is as follow. I have directory called "Black Adder" and I rename it to "Backadder" I now have an exact copy of the previous directory "Black Adder" with all the seasons which all the entries are now invalid. The new entries from "Blackadder" are valid but I have doubles on every episode. An invalid entry from the non existent "Black Adder" directory and a valid entry "Blackadder" directory. The same happens when I rename a episode file as well.

I'm thinking now there is no option in Tv series plugin to remove invalid entries and just keep the valid entries?! I hope I'm wrong?

T

It helps when you explain your actual problem, because it involves more then what you asked for before.

Your solution would be to go into the configuration screen and delete all the episode entries to the old/bad folder location. But that can be a lot of work, so it is much easier to just delete the entire show "Blackadder" from your database, so that it removes all "Black Adder" and "Blackadder" entries from the database. And then re-import the entire show again.

MovingPictures has a hash based method to detect that you moved the same files to a new location, so it only updates the location reference. But MP-TVSeries thinks you added different files and will add them as such.

Ne3M

Portal Member
    January 17, 2010
    Home Country
    It helps when you explain your actual problem, because it involves more then what you asked for before.

Your solution would be to go into the configuration screen and delete all the episode entries to the old/bad folder location. But that can be a lot of work, so it is much easier to just delete the entire show "Blackadder" from your database, so that it removes all "Black Adder" and "Blackadder" entries from the database. And then re-import the entire show again.

MovingPictures has a hash based method to detect that you moved the same files to a new location, so it only updates the location reference. But MP-TVSeries thinks you added different files and will add them as such.

Sorry tried to explain it earlier, that was my best attemp. So at this time TV Series has no option to "not" display(in media portal) invalid entries in its database. Would be a really nifty feature if it can be implemented. Thanks for the help ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom