removed support for sw encoded cards (1 Viewer)

trojkolka

Portal Pro
December 24, 2004
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,
Since about a year i'm user of Mediaportal but now i read in the CVS rss feed that software encoded tv cards are totally not supported anymore. Does this mean that i cannot use Mediaportal anymore for watching Television? I understand that there has to be some decisions about this because supporting everything is simply not possible but totally removing any support for cards that worked in the past correctly with MP is the other opposite of it.
Now i'm kinda lucky my birthday is coming up and on my present list is a h/w tv tuner card but even though MP is one of the best programs in development i have seen on the internet i'm still dissappointed in this change. I guess i'm not the only one using a S/W card like my Pinancle PCTV stereo card.

Does anyone know a MP supported card not that expensive let's say less than €100 euros H/W card with FM tuner Tv Tuner and Teletekst in the Nehterlands? please let me know.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    trojkolka said:
    Does anyone know a MP supported card not that expensive let's say less than €100 euros H/W card with FM tuner Tv Tuner and Teletekst in the Nehterlands? please let me know.

Consider buying a Hauppauge pvr 150MCE. It has everything you need and works wonderful with MP. And it should be available for ~60-70€.

Maschine

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The PVR 150 MCE is indeed the best "cheap" H/W card. If you want to try your birthday luck you may want to try the PVR 500 MCE @ about €110, which is two 150's on one card. (record while you watch another channel)
    For prices and availability in NL (supposing you understand dutch):
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/cat/66

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just a bit confused,
    dvb cards are considered hw encoding by mp also if they don't have hw mpeg accelleration right (like skystar 1)?!?
    So my ss2 card will continue to work, and my asus 7131 dual will work only for the dvb-t part?
    I'm I right?!?

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ammm said:
    Just a bit confused,
    dvb cards are considered hw encoding by mp also if they don't have hw mpeg accelleration right (like skystar 1)?!?
    Well, it doesn't make sense to encode a digital signal (again) as it's already broadcasted in MPEG2. For analog it's only about the encoding, so the decoding hasn't much to do with this here...

ammm said:
    So my ss2 card will continue to work, and my asus 7131 dual will work only for the dvb-t part?
    I'm I right?!?
    Absolutely correct.

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Maschine said:
    ammm said:
    Just a bit confused,
    Well, it doesn't make sense to encode a digital signal (again) as it's already broadcasted in MPEG2. For analog it's only about the encoding, so the decoding hasn't much to do with this here...

ammm said:
    I'm I right?!?
    Absolutely correct.

thanks a lot!!!
    this was the response I was hoping to receive :D :D :D

Dordo

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2004
    Thats fine it will continue to work using what you have but any new upgrades to media portal will be incompatable with your tv card.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Updated to latest CVS, then the support was gone... try using a CVS from around new-years day.... works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom