Removing buttons for "My Music" (1 Viewer)

embh2

November 27, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi,

The MP music player is really great, but for my use I really would have liked to remove some of the buttons to simplify the user interface. Is it somehow (e.g. editing the XML files for the skin) possible for me to remove the following buttons:
“Layout”
“Sort by”
“Music Menu”

For the “Layout” and “Sort by” the default views defined through the config utility is sufficient for me.

Thanks!

Erik

embh2

November 27, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Editing mymusicgenres.xml

Hi,

I have tried to edit the file "mymusicgenres.xml" by commenting out the Sort section:
<onup>17</onup>
</control>
<!--
<control>
<description>Sort</description>
<type>sortbutton</type>
<id>3</id>
<label>103</label>
<onright>50</onright>
</control>
-->
<control>
<description>Switch View</description>

This causes strange things to happen when opening MyMusic...:
- The spinning busy icon (green "wheel") is continuing for ever
- When using the "Switch view" function to switch from e.g. "Genres" to "Artists" the view formatting defined when using the config utility is not applied. Instead the same view formatting as for "Genres" is used

Any idea for how to fix this?

Thanks!

Erik

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Hi Erik,

I totally agree with you: I also would like to eliminate quite all buttons from the music section.
It is not only complicated, it also is very confused!!
Unfortunatly, I can't help you but I am writing this to know if, on your side, you found a solution to have a cleanest view of the music section?
I also want to eliminate, on the left bottom side, the 2 small pics meaning "now playing" and "cross fading" as well as the elapsed time.
Thanks!!

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
You can try the new skin Xface skin by default all the left buttons are not visible you can show it using the <- key
on your remote.

fanoI

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    commenting out controls which are accessed by the code isn't a good idea - try setting visible to false instead ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom