Removing Menu Items (1 Viewer)

Fred Boniface

August 21, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

I would like to remove Audio and Pictures from the main menu in MP2 as I don't use them. I am currently using the BlueVision skin if that makes a difference - if I change skins would the same actions work?

Many thanks,
Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    BlueVision skin
    There is a menu editor for Blue Vision in development, but it isn't available jet. But you can edit the BV menu configuration file with a text editor like notepad or better something like notepad++. The config file is a XML file. There are some howtos hidden in the depth of the forum but you can not do any harm. If it is not working, delete the "faulty" file and on next start of the client a new default config file is generated.
    The file to edit is (if you are using the default path for your MP2 installation):
    c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Settings.MenuSettings.xml

"c:\ProgramData" normally is a hidden folder so make sure you can access hidden folders in explorer.

There you can add, rename or remove groups, the entries of the groups and also the size of the tiles. But be aware, the group "others" can not be removed and everything that is not added to any of the other groups will automatically be in this special group for collecting anything that has no other place. So you can not remove Audio and Pictures completely, but "hide" it inside "Others". And you can not arrange and size the tiles completely free. Some rules are to follow. You will figure out once you have started. This way you can generate the menu exactly as you like.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please check the manual, it's described with details.
    The manual is also valid for BV themes as "Titanium Extended" and "Win10".

Next main release will have a new WMC skin with a inGui MenuEditor (but only for this skin).

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please check the manual, it's described with details.
    The manual is also valid for BV themes as "Titanium Extended" and "Win10".

Next main release will have a new WMC skin with a inGui MenuEditor (but only for this skin).
    This works well, I used the manual aswell. But an ingui menu editor for BV is highly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom