Repeat delay - Hauppauge Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

Q

Quint

Ok, installed it and it works fine. Still a couple of comments though:

1. While the previous versions responded quite slow, this version responds rather quick. Maybe a little too quick sometimes. Is there a way I can change that?

2. Is there a way that I can use the number buttons for selecting track/channel?

Keep up the great work.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Quint said:
1. While the previous versions responded quite slow, this version responds rather quick. Maybe a little too quick sometimes. Is there a way I can change that?
No. I'm curious if others also complain about the speed... :roll: It's not like you get double-presses or similar. Just use it like your normal TV remote control. The Hauppauge remote is not slower or faster than that one.

Quint said:
2. Is there a way that I can use the number buttons for selecting track/channel?
Selecting a channel works perfectly... Just like the MCE remote. Most of the functions are basically the same. So don't expect the Hauppauge remote to do something the MCE remote doesn't (e.g. track selection by numbers), that would need Media Portal changes, you can't really do such stuff with a plugin. That would get too buggy then.

Q

Quint

Well, the problem is that if I keep the button pressed 'Too long' (which isn't long in my opinion) mp thinks the button has been pressed more than once. So now I have to be aware to release the button quick enough to prevent to run through the menu's and listings too quick.

Anyway I have a small request. I don't have a monitor connected or any other device connected to my pc (it's directly connected to my tv). What I liked about the previous version is that I could start MP with the remote. I know I have to add some lines to the remote.ini to get that working again, but I can't figure out what. Can you give me a little tip to get this working again?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
That's got nothing to do with the plugin, but here's your solution:

Look at the irremote.ini file, at the "[Default]" section. The entry for the power button should be:

Code:
GRNPOWER={run(c:\progra~1\teamme~1\mediap~1\MediaPortal.exe)}

Maybe you have to adjust the path, depending on where you installed MP.

Maduser

Portal Member
October 9, 2004
may it possible on 34 button to change the function of CH+ and Ch- automatic if you are in fullscreen Tv or not, without the func button (Then the back button can be use as switch channel back, too)?

(Some minor bug the version of the file is 0.0.0.6 and not 0.0.1.0)

S

SundaY

great work! it now works with my pvr-150 card!

But as someone said above the remote is very sensitive. I also have problems with pressing the button and getting 2 presses or more, and I dont think I press the button to long in my opinion.

Is there anything to do about this?

apart from this its a GREAT script!

/Ola

Q

Quint

Well, I think we have to be a little patient and mPod will probably have a look at it.

HenriM

Portal Pro
October 17, 2004
Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
Great job mPod. Works perfectly with my PVR150. However I also have the problem that the plugin is very sensitive. Can you please have a look to it. Otherwise great piece of code!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom