Repeat delay - Hauppauge Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

mPod said:
I have added a repeat delay to the plugin.

Thanks! Setting the delay to the first notch got rid of most of the double keypresses. Very nice.

Question: when MediaPortal is not focused, most of the remote control buttons operate MediaPortal anway (which is wonderful), but the directional buttons and number keys get sent to whatever app has focus at the time. If at all possible, I would prefer if all remote control inputs get handled (only) by MediaPortal. Any chance this can make its way into a future release?

Thanks in advance,
Doc

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Doc Oc said:
Question: when MediaPortal is not focused, most of the remote control buttons operate MediaPortal anway (which is wonderful), but the directional buttons and number keys get sent to whatever app has focus at the time. If at all possible, I would prefer if all remote control inputs get handled (only) by MediaPortal. Any chance this can make its way into a future release?
I don't think so, because that needs a re-write of all action- and key-handling code of Media Portal itself. Maybe this might happen in the future. Until then some workarounds are needed to make the remote commands possible in each and every Media Portal window. This affects the number buttons and also some others.
Furthermore, it is not really intended that Media Portal reacts to events when it doesn't have focus. That's by design in Media Portal. That it works at all for some remote commands is a side-effect.

arnonm

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
turning off the screensaver

mPod,

Could a remote key press turn off the screensaver? I have my machine cnfigured with a SS as my kids often leave the TV on with the main menu on. However, pressing the remote doesn't kill the SS - need to hit something on the keyboard (like ESC) and then use the remote.

Arnon

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: turning off the screensaver

arnonm said:
Could a remote key press turn off the screensaver? I have my machine cnfigured with a SS as my kids often leave the TV on with the main menu on. However, pressing the remote doesn't kill the SS - need to hit something on the keyboard (like ESC) and then use the remote.
Works here without any problems. Maybe you have to reset the plugin to its defaults, if you have been using a previous version. MP has to keep the control of the remote. So just click on the "Defaults" button in the plugin's config. Not all buttons work for that, but the cursor button, the OK button and the numbers are working for sure.

Q

Quint

Screensaver? Where? The windows screensaver or is one included in mp?

A

Anonymous

mPod said:
Doc Oc said:
I don't think so, because that needs a re-write of all action- and key-handling code of Media Portal itself. Maybe this might happen in the future. Until then some workarounds are needed to make the remote commands possible in each and every Media Portal window. This affects the number buttons and also some others.
Furthermore, it is not really intended that Media Portal reacts to events when it doesn't have focus. That's by design in Media Portal. That it works at all for some remote commands is a side-effect.

Pity :(. Thanks for clarifying though.

Maduser

Portal Member
October 9, 2004
Is it possible to bulid in that the plugin can automatic change the function of Channel up and Cursorup key in the Fullscreen TV, without the func key?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Maduser said:
Is it possible to bulid in that the plugin can automatic change the function of Channel up and Cursorup key in the Fullscreen TV, without the func key?
I'm pretty sure, that this could be possible. But cursor up and cursor down in TV mode are already mapped to step back and step forward. As you get the full TV experience with timeshifting enabled only, your suggestion wouldn't be a good idea. Using the "func" key is the best workaround, IMO.
But you can get an upgrade from Hauppauge to the 45-button remote, so you can use all buttons without switching the layer. That's the disadvantage of having only 34 buttons. I know it's really bad, that especially the most important buttons are missing. Sad, but true.

arnonm

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
screen saver

I meant the Microsoft Windows one - what did you mean by the one included in MP?

Arnon

A

Anonymous

mPod said:
Maduser said:
I'm pretty sure, that this could be possible. But cursor up and cursor down in TV mode are already mapped to step back and step forward. As you get the full TV experience with timeshifting enabled only, your suggestion wouldn't be a good idea. Using the "func" key is the best workaround, IMO.
But you can get an upgrade from Hauppauge to the 45-button remote, so you can use all buttons without switching the layer. That's the disadvantage of having only 34 buttons. I know it's really bad, that especially the most important buttons are missing. Sad, but true.

why not just use the FF/REW and step buttons for stepping in Timeshift mode?
that would make more sense i would think since that's pretty much what those buttons are for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom