[no Bug] Repeated crashes while watching TV - possibly related to a weak TV signal (1 Viewer)

automationRulez

Portal Member
July 22, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for that. Yeah, I've already booked the aerial tech in for visit :) Regardless of whether this is a driver issue or not, I plan to add in another couple of tuners at least, so the signal issue does need to be resolved. That said, the driver I last posted about is still going strong. I have downloaded ffdshow and if I get a crash, I will install and use it.

Just thought I'd report back...about 3 hours later and its still going strong. Will stick with this driver (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19679) for now. Once we get the aerial guy in and he fixes the signal, I'll try updating to the latest driver again.

automationRulez

Portal Member
July 22, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
For anyone who has the same problem, its been 2 days now and I have not had a single crash. In adddition, I hear that Intel has just released a new driver (AnandTech - Intel Releases New Sandy Bridge Graphics Drivers) that among other things, fixes a crash when an HDMI monitor is plugged in (release notes: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20391/eng/relnotes_gfx_2509_64.pdf).

Feel free to set this to resolved for now - we have found the cause and a fix. I will test the new driver and report back if it fixes anything, because everything else being equal, newer drivers generally have better performance ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    *Thank you* for reporting back automationRulez :D
    Set to "no bug"...

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I also have the exact same crashing issue using the same video card and am also based in NZ. My recorded TV also breaks up a bit so think it may be signal related however when the cable is plugged into the tv's built in tuner I have no problems and the signal seems perfect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom