Replacement for TVWishList (1 Viewer)

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    I've had to upgrade to 1.27 because my TVServer kept not starting when the computer rebooted. So now I've lost TVWishList, which was a great extension that enabled you to programme it to record any show that you wanted, before it was available on the TV schedule - and you didn't have to give the whole name of the show, just a reasonably unique name. Now I can't find a replacement - if I don't notice that something is coming up I can't tell MP to record it. With TVWishList I could have a long list of shows I'd like to record, if they ever appeared on any channel. Has anyone found anything that can do this?

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why can't you just reinstall the Wishlist plugin? As far as I know nothing has changed about MP that would stop Wishlist working - this is certainly true of TVServer which hasn't changed for a very long time and which is where most of the interaction with Wishlist takes place.

Second, why did you need to upgrade anyway? I'm still running 1.21 and have never had any problems with Windows upgrades interfering with MP operating - and I always upgrade Windows without delay.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    The Wishlist download site says it's not compatible past 1.13. Must admit I just took that as gospel and haven't tried. Though I think I saw a message at one stage saying that there was an incompatible extension and then it disappeared off the menu. I'll try to install, see what happens.

The upgrade hasn't achieved anything, when I rebooted this morning the TVServer still didn't start. I had hoped whatever the problem was it would disappear with a more recent version. Don't know how to fix it - any ideas? I'm running W10 and am always up to date with updates.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Can't install WishList at the moment, will have to do it in the morning. It needs to turn off TVServer but recording is active.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I can only suggest that you check the startup status of TVService. Do this using Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative Tools/Services. Scroll down to TVService and double click that entry and check on the Startup Type, Should be automatic. If not then change it.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    My way into Services is different to your list, but when I get there it says it's automatic. I'll try playing with the responses to do if it fails.
    For a long time it sometimes failed to start. So I always checked it after rebooting. But for some time now it never starts itself. As I'm subject to blackouts, that's a problem for me, if I'm away.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Just rebooted and TVService started itself! Keeping my fingers crossed that those changes have solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Happy I could help a bit. I assume that TVWishlist is now re-installed and working as well?

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Would you believe I forgot to do that this morning - I'll have to have a go at installing it in the morning and see how it goes.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    I've got TVWishList installed and working, no probs. But TVServer is back to not starting automatically. Grrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom