replacing mainboard/keep cpu and mem (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That was my assumption too. I have an Athlon 64X2 3800+ 2.0GHz cpu... but the blanks on the bottom of the cpu did not line up with the blanks on the top of the socket. :mad:

Are you sure yours the same MoBo?

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe (circa 2005)

Chuck

graham.reeds

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Lol. Just got a call from the website I was purchasing the board from and the ASRock serial numbers don't match the part in stock. But they do have a ASUS M41785D-M PRO that they use for OEM builds. So they are sending that instead.

Also had a chat about cases and stuff too. Looking for a decent price case that allows for 3 drives, 1 optical and doesn't have a stupid knob on the front for the volume - I have a remote for that!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well I ended up getting a bigger CPU than I planned. But this pc does a lot more work than just being my MP dev/test machine ... just don't have the means to get the workhorse I'd like to have :) ... this one will do. installation next week.

Looks like my HD TV is still on hold. :(

Have fun with your new settup!

Chuck

graham.reeds

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'.

To be fair I did spend most of a year working away so I spent a very little time at home.

Now I am back in the area on an extended basis I will probably get that nice TV I have been wanting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom