[Req] Allow NextPageFormat to pass only arguments (1 Viewer)

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
Can you please allow the NextPageRegExtUrlFormatString to allow passing arguments only to the category url in the GenericSiteParser

Eg:
I have www.site.com/folder/servlet.asp?category=xxx for my category
... for page 2 I have to pass
I have www.site.com/folder/servlet.asp?category=xxx&page=2

I do not have the string servlet.asp?category=xxx anywhere in the page so I cannot provide paging.
I know that if I knew the xxx I could just write: servlet.asp?category=xxx&page={0}

Can you please enhance the existing implementation to to the following:
when a "?" or a "&" is encountered in the NextPageRegExUrlFormatString (and the PrevPage), just concatenate it to the category.
Or just give us a boolean option like the UrlDecoding for us to specify whether we want the concatenation or not.

Thanks in advance

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem with the concatenation is: It would only work for the first page when there is no parameter on the url yet. When the next (3rd) next page url is to be constructed - that parameter would need to be replaced instead of concatenated.
    For this special case I'd recommend to write a small c# siteutil derived from the Generic.

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Well, that would be the case if the parser is concatenating with the previous page url.
    If the original url was stored (ie the category url), the concatenation could occur on that...

Also, with an implementation in genericutil, everybody could benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom