[req]some improvements? very nice features!

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by remb0, April 19, 2009.

1. remb0

remb0 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    First of all: MP is just great!! but I can become a bit better :)
    Can this functions be considered to program:

Version information for plugins skins etc. (also by extensions)

Search function (in mp3 and video) I have more then 500gb mp3's in different styles albums and folders.

System monitor (like freespace, temps, memory etc)

Beter uninstall options to remove unused skins pluginns (i try to uninstall and got the error: Invalid Package!)

but also disable of remove things that are unused. Like television I don't use this. but it's avalable in configuration and there are many files that would be loaded for noting. so we can speed/clean up ?

multi instance for configuration: If you would change something in a plugin lige movingpictures or tvseries, it takes a while. But if you can run tv importer as movingpictures at the same time, it will reduce much time!

By configuration of plugins an option to download and install plugins from there?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    I guess this is a bit WIP, as there is being work doen to the MP extension installer. If you don't know what it is, try starting MPInstaller.exe in MP folder ;)

For music: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/new-plugin-global-music-search-version-1-6-3-a-24057/
    For movies etc.: Use the "watched function" or/and specify the way you want it to be listed (depends if you use MovingPictures or My Videos).

There are plugin for SpeedFan and rest is covered by https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/sysinfo-mp-dashboard-49715/

To many questions :)
    Anyway: All info above is available via THE SEARCH FUNCTION @ FORUMS AND THE MANUAL!
    Please give 'em a try sometime :) (Good people spend lots of time creating informative posts and wiki).

I also think you should try to remember that the team devolving the MP and the people creating 3. party plugins are usually not the same.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!