[req]some improvements? very nice features! (1 Viewer)

remb0

Portal Pro
April 2, 2009
First of all: MP is just great!! but I can become a bit better :)
Can this functions be considered to program:

Version information for plugins skins etc. (also by extensions)

Search function (in mp3 and video) I have more then 500gb mp3's in different styles albums and folders.

System monitor (like freespace, temps, memory etc)

Beter uninstall options to remove unused skins pluginns (i try to uninstall and got the error: Invalid Package!)

but also disable of remove things that are unused. Like television I don't use this. but it's avalable in configuration and there are many files that would be loaded for noting. so we can speed/clean up ?

multi instance for configuration: If you would change something in a plugin lige movingpictures or tvseries, it takes a while. But if you can run tv importer as movingpictures at the same time, it will reduce much time!

By configuration of plugins an option to download and install plugins from there?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.
    Version information for plugins skins etc. (also by extensions)
    Beter uninstall options to remove unused skins pluginns (i try to uninstall and got the error: Invalid Package!)
    I guess this is a bit WIP, as there is being work doen to the MP extension installer. If you don't know what it is, try starting MPInstaller.exe in MP folder ;)

Search function (in mp3 and video) I have more then 500gb mp3's in different styles albums and folders.
    For music: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/new-plugin-global-music-search-version-1-6-3-a-24057/
    For movies etc.: Use the "watched function" or/and specify the way you want it to be listed (depends if you use MovingPictures or My Videos).

System monitor (like freespace, temps, memory etc)
    There are plugin for SpeedFan and rest is covered by https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/sysinfo-mp-dashboard-49715/

To many questions :)
    Anyway: All info above is available via THE SEARCH FUNCTION @ FORUMS AND THE MANUAL!
    Please give 'em a try sometime :) (Good people spend lots of time creating informative posts and wiki).

I also think you should try to remember that the team devolving the MP and the people creating 3. party plugins are usually not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom