[Request] Better "Watched" recognition for external players. (1 Viewer)

Andy22

Portal Member
September 10, 2011
Hi,

i would like to request a timer based "watched" recognition for external players. I'm using mpc-hc as external player and as soon as i close the player MP will flag the file watched, even if i just had mpc open for a second. Thats kinda annoying since i normally use a view layout that wont show "watched" content, but this forces me to always show also "watched" content, so i can flag it "unwatched" again after such wrong flagging.

A simple and better way would be to time how long the external process was open and compare the time vs the selected % watched config time. I'm aware that u wont correctly get paused external files, but this method is still better than just detecting open/close of the external player.

thx Andy

PS: The reason i don't fully watch the file via external player is simple, often i just watch some minutes to get a idea if it is interesting or i just have to leave and want to continue later.

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

i would like to request a timer based "watched" recognition for external players. I'm using mpc-hc as external player and as soon as i close the player MP will flag the file watched, even if i just had mpc open for a second. Thats kinda annoying since i normally use a view layout that wont show "watched" content, but this forces me to always show also "watched" content, so i can flag it "unwatched" again after such wrong flagging.

A simple and better way would be to time how long the external process was open and compare the time vs the selected % watched config time. I'm aware that u wont correctly get paused external files, but this method is still better than just detecting open/close of the external player.

thx Andy

PS: The reason i don't fully watch the file via external player is simple, often i just watch some minutes to get a idea if it is interesting or i just have to leave and want to continue later.

Why don't you just configure MP to use the mpc-hc standalone filters and a good splitter like LAV and then use MP's internal player?

Andy22

Portal Member
September 10, 2011
Why don't you just configure MP to use the mpc-hc standalone filters and a good splitter like LAV and then use MP's internal player?

Because i need to use madVR for correct colorspace and gamma output, also the default EVR don't support 10bit formats and the bicubic scaling suffers from more visible aliasing than the lanczos/spline scaling madVR offers.

Thx Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom