[Request] Fanart on 4:3 (1 Viewer)

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
I've just realized that all the fanart is cropped off on the right hand side; meaning that a good 20-30% of fan art is missing the main character of a show or another important part of the image. Could we have an option to either center or letterbox the art? I'm too tempted to go buy a new TV now :(

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The presentation of the fanart is a skin design issue, not a TV-Series issue. Which skin are you using? ... Ive got a redesign for an 800x600 format skin (not published) that fits the fan art full width to the upper portion of the screen... it would be an easy fix for your skin I'm sure.

Chuck

edit: Here is a Blue3 mod for Tv-Series that puts the fan art full width. Also a Blue3 matching faded overlay to blend the bottom of the fanart. Put the overlay in the Blue3 media folder.

Attachments

• 10-36-54.png
      10-36-54.png
      467.8 KB
    • 10-37-05.png
      10-37-05.png
      372.6 KB
    • 10-37-18.png
      10-37-18.png
      362.2 KB
    • overlay_bottom_fade050.png
      overlay_bottom_fade050.png
      397 KB
    • TVSeries.xml
      30.6 KB

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    The presentation of the fanart is a skin design issue, not a TV-Series issue. Which skin are you using? ...

Just the default, Blue3 is what I'm using, good point about it being a skin issue - I hadn't really thought about that because of the fact that the blue3 skin is bundled with the plugin. So I guess it wouldn't be necessary to add the options to the plugin, but instead just modify the skin files that the plugin installs.

I'll give those skins a try thanks

I just realized that I didn't mention in my post what TV-show had tipped me off to this problem, It was in fact Star Trek TOS. MePo forum Hivemind?

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Quick question - on line 138 you've changed "<texture>#TVSeries.SeriesBanner</texture>" to "<texture>#TVSeries.SeriesPoster</texture>"
    My skinning abilities are all but non-existent so I don't really understand what this change does. The other 3 modifications make sense though.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Quick question - on line 138 you've changed "<texture>#TVSeries.SeriesBanner</texture>" to "<texture>#TVSeries.SeriesPoster</texture>"
    My skinning abilities are all but non-existent so I don't really understand what this change does. The other 3 modifications make sense though.
    This is something that is published by the tv-series plugin.
    It publishes both the selected tvseries banner and tvseries poster.
    By choosing which you want to use (or even both), you are more in control of the layout.
    In this case the choice was for tvseries poster in stead of the banner graphic.
    Hope this clears things even more. :D

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    This is something that is published by the tv-series plugin.
    It publishes both the selected tvseries banner and tvseries poster.
    By choosing which you want to use (or even both), you are more in control of the layout.
    In this case the choice was for tvseries poster in stead of the banner graphic.
    Hope this clears things even more. :D

No sorry that didn't make any sense to me

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My only changes to the xml were concerning the size of the fan art, and the addition of the fade-overlay... I'm not sure I know what other changes you are seeing...... Otherwise, the xml is exactly as I found it in my Blue3 folder. And I'm not even sure it wasn't someone elses mod to start with. :)

I'm not currently using Blue3, exactly, but an extremely modd'd version.... so whatever marvenius says.... :confused:

regards,

Chuck

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Oh I just picked it apart and saw what changes were made, there was just that one line was a bit different. I suppose I could just change it back. I was just curious.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When you want to see the series banner: #TVSeries.SeriesBanner
    when you want to see the series poster: #TVSeries.SeriesPoster
    (or have I misunderstood your question???)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom