request for better scrolling (1 Viewer)

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
hey,

is there any way to improve the scrolling through your movie database?
i guess it laggs because it has to load every single image from harddrive, since i run through all movies faster than it could load them

first idea:
maybe there could be a RAM consuming option.
some point where i could say "you are allowed to use XXXX mb more RAM space, to buffer all the pictures of the movies"

second idea:
another way could be, to load the images XXXX ms after selection of a movie was taken
so if you just scroll through and you would set a delay before MovPic is attempting to load it (~50ms /100ms?)
the scrolling would be much smoother, since it only has to load the picture of the movie from what i really want to see the description

the first way would be a much more aggressive way, you would be able to see all the pictures, when running through.
(that for a fact would be really nice)
the second idea would be less resource consuming then it is at the moment and therefor be another improvement for some ppl
although it should be easier to implement it

but you are the pro's ;-)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    the second idea is already implemented.

Through the configuration screen you can go to About -> Advanced settings -> MediaPortal GUI -> Tweaks
    There are two settings you can change called "Artwork Loading Delay" (Cover and Backdrop) and "Details Loading Delay" (Movie Details and MediaInfo logo's) .
    Both settings default to 250ms but you can change this to whatever works better on your system.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    And the first way is somewhat implemented as well, but I think the .NET framework and/or Windows takes care of this. Because when I scroll downwards in my list the first time it goes at a good speed, but after I reach the bottom and go back upwards it scrolls a lot faster.

You are aware you scan scroll the list a lot faster via the Page Up/Down right? I've mapped the Channel +/- keys on my remote to those while inside MovingPictures plugin.

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you.

i never checked out advanced settings before,
    but i did now and there is still a little thing i would like to see

die scroll speed in the movielist is way to fast to shout "STOOOPPPP I WANT THIS" f.exp ;)

i guess it depends on the IR remote and IR receiver, how many impulses are going through to MovingPictures?
    maybe a software based "scroll-brake" could be implemented
    so you wont see 20 movies a second, when you hold your up and down keys, but maybe 3, 5 or 10

but i dont want to sugguest /request to much, as it may looks like criticism :[
    and that is why, i should end this post with:

movingpictures rocks hell. there is nothing more advanced out there, so stay tuned! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom