Request: Grooveshark (2 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The skin navigation (plugin?) isn't super intuitive right now but I'm not gonna say anything else until official release is out now that I've tried this plugin, and I love it. A great addition to MediaPortal!

Edit: I noticed that when I played a few songs in GrooveShark then went to TV-Series to watch a show, it would not play (codec error) until I restarted MediaPortal.

Emph

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i think with grooveshark you can choose exact songs you want to play, and can queue them and add them to playlists, whereas with lastfm you automatically get 'similar songs' played, and cannot choose the exact song you want, but you can choose from a list of a few 'similar' songs i think.

i might be wrong, so anyone correct me if i am

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Does this plugin limit playback time? When playing Owl-City - Firefly it only play 3:12, but at their site it's 3:48.
    Also seems like like search is limited to only 15 results or so. Right?

I second the 00:00 looks weird! And the reason for artist show twice in playlist.

Also could this be localized?
    And playback outside this plugin would be great to have as normal music.

(btw. navigation is very unlogical)

2010-07-04 14:17:30.129589 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at MPGrooveshark.MPGrooveshark.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

04-Jul-2010 14:19:54 Debug [ MPGroovesharkPlayer]: Play: play (http://listen.grooveshark.com/songW...grooveshark.com&style=metal&p=1&songID=340434)
    04-Jul-2010 14:19:58 Debug [ MPGrooveshark]: Play: Preparing graph for playback of http://listen.grooveshark.com/songW...ooveshark.com&style=metal&p=1&songID=24519909
    04-Jul-2010 14:19:58 Debug [ MPGrooveshark]: Play: Start prebuffering ...
    04-Jul-2010 14:19:58 Debug [ MPGroovesharkBuffer]: MonitorBufferProgress: Buffering 206/206 KB (100%)
    04-Jul-2010 14:19:58 Warn [MPGroovesharkGui2Uti]: ExecuteInBackgroundAndCallback: System.Runtime.InteropServices.InvalidComObjectException: COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used.
    at DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter.EnumPins(IEnumPins& ppEnum)
    at MPGrooveshark.MPGroovesharkBuffer.BufferFile()
    at MPGrooveshark.MPGrooveshark.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Play>b__0()
    at MPGrooveshark.MPGroovesharkGui2UtilConnector.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteInBackgroundAndCallback>b__3()

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    UPDATED!

Bugs:
    1) Making 2nd Search does not display "Buffering" icon.
    2)When navigation to end of Search list, cursor jumps to Playlist
    3)When deleting songs from playlist with several pages, the "1/4" does not update accordingly
    4)Arrange arrows does not keep focus - (When arranging a song, the cursor jumps to song name)
    5)Cannot delete playlists.
    6)Default playlist name is MPGDefault - (Playlist not created by user - why have it? If it is a MUST, then rename to better name)
    NEW! 7)Some songs seems to be cut off before end (as 1stdead also confirms - Try searching for: Turboweekend - Add all, and listen)
    NEW! 8)Playtime counter "jumps" sometimes - normally 2 secs. at a time.

Design flaws:
    1) When adding songs from search list, you generate an "Add to playlist" pop-up - This should be changed, so that when you click on a song, it gets added to the playlist instantly. This makes navigation much quicker - To solve the "Add all songs" , make a "Add All" button in top of Search list instead
    2) Playlist icons have wrong size(Height/width)
    3) Background images is set to be "streched" - This is in some cases awful to look at - Images with higher or better height/width resolution should be used.
    4) Mediaportal in window mode generates Playlist popup, when resizing MP window
    5) Mediaportal in window mode have mouse issues when hovering plugin
    NEW! 6) When player skips to Page 2 for next song, that GUI does not follow - So you cannot see what song is playing next, unless you switch page manually.
    NEW! 7) Playtime counter should be changed from XX:XX to X:XX format

Feature suggestion:
    1) Playlist should be moved further up in design - This will allow longer playlist, and easier way of arranging songs.
    2) Search list could also be longer - Both can be solved with a certical search/playlist splitscreen
    3) "Add to top"-icon on playlist arrange buttons. (Easy way to get newly added song to top of playlist)
    4) Buy album link (search string fo cdwow/amazon or similar)
    5) Buffer next song before end of now playing son (Shorter wait time between songs.....maybe even fade effect can be added?)
    NEW! 6)Playback outside Grooveshark plugin(like MyTv & Bass player)
    NEW! 7)Add "Buffering" bar to see % Progress when starting stream - Also when playback pauses for buffering due to low bandwidth

/Morten

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for all feedback. I'm currently on vacation. Back in a week. This plugin is not released but from your comments I see that the plugin is already spreading and I do not appreciate this as I only released the alpha version to a very limited number of people. So I will remove the alpha version and not use any more test persons. This will make my work slower but thats life.

regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom