Request plugins for reskinning in BlueTwo/MCE 1280x720 (1 Viewer)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    If you are using one of these two skins and there is a working plugin you are using with rc3 that has not been reskinned, please list it here. Please note that i may not be able to use certain plugins due to the configuration of my htpc. In those cases, i will do the best i can, and will rely of the person(s) making the request to send me screenshots so that i may correct any errors. Also, any plugins that require some photoshopping of graphics will take a little longer. Please note that any plugin that is just a dll (no xml file to copy into a skin file) cannot be reskiined...an example is the TicTacToe plugin.

If you could provide a link to either the thread or the plugin download itself, that would make things a little easier for me. All plugins will be reskinned for use with .2 rc3, not the cvs versions; however the reskin may work with cvs versions.

Thanks

Third party plugins that are currently supported:
    PVR Scheduler
    My Stocks (has xml, but plugin was broken with release of MP .2 rc3)
    myTVSeries (as of 4/11)
    myPlanner (as of 4/13)

PVR Scheduler and My Stocks are currently part of the skin download. All others can be downloaded at the link below. Unless i change a graphic, you will only need to download the xml file from the server, and copy any graphics from the author's original release into the skin's media directory. When the list of supported plugins gets longer or with the next official release of MP, i'll include all the files together.
    ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/plugin

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The myTVSeries plugin needs reskinning and although not released yet and is still in development state would really look great under your skins.

Can be found http://www3.sympatico.ca/luc.theriault/source for download.

Forum topic is at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12161

[EDIT]
    :oops: I noticed you already volunteered to skin for WeeToddDid so I guess you already know about this. Is it already in a version of your BlueTwo skin? The version I have is from the plugin and doesn't work well with the 1280x720 screen size (it's managable but doesn't look right)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I noticed you already volunteered to skin for WeeToddDid so I guess you already know about this. Is it already in a version of your BlueTwo skin?
    I was going to look thru the thread...then noticed it was 22 pages....i'm pretty sure it wasn't me who already volunteered to reskin for the plugin, but i'd be happy to do so. It's probably safe to say that any plugin that generates 22 pages of response is pretty popular. Since i'm taking an extended easter weekend, i'll try to get something out there in the next couple of days.

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    :oops: You are right, it wasn't you, it was Brocklander. Sorry, my bad. It would be nice to see a fully skinned version for at least BlueTwo 1280x720.

Thanks!

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    We're not even done with the 4x3 BlueTwo skin yet, but I'll be able to spend some time on this over the next two weeks, as well as a 16x9 one if you want me to save you the trouble Boilermaker 8)

In addition, after the 0.2 release - and if WeeTodDid has time - we'll be incorporating some new skin controls that will make some very cool stuff possible.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Brocklander,
    Thanks for the offer...i've already finished doing the reskin. The file is pretty simple so far, with the way i use the reference.xml file and imported files, it only took a few minutes. btw, there is one error in the original code, down by the facade view/listcontrols. Look for three straight lines with </control>. one of those close control tags belongs to the facadeview control.

link here: ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/plugin

i haven't been using mp very much lately, so if anybody downloads this reskin, please let me know how it looks. I'll also try to keep up with the planned changes.

up next, my planner.

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Boilermaker,

Tried out the TVSeries.xml screen and it doesn't show any of the series at all. If I fall back to the mce skin (standard 4x3 with the original screen file) it works.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i didn't have anything either, but i figured it was because i can't configure anything in the plugin. can somebody post a database, even tho the shows aren't on my hard drive, i can get some stuff to display so i can track the error down.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom