Request: Proxy config for Dutch plugins

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by avee, April 9, 2016.

1. avee
    • Premium Supporter

avee MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    For npo.nl and kijk.nl I need to use a proxy/vpn provider to circumvent geoblocking. The problem with this is, that I have to start and stop a full VPN connection every time by hand, which is not family friendly on my media pc. I have tried tying it into mediaportal by launching external scripts, but it is buggy and doesn't always work. I have also tried the software proxifier, but it doesn't seem to circumvent the geoblocking in mediaportal, although the logs show it is routing through the proxy.

I have also tried to exclusively tunnel the omroep.nl and npo.nl IPs through the VPN, but for some unknown reason, that doesn't get around the geoblocking in mediaportal. Only thing that works currently is a full VPN tunnel.

The BBC iPlayer offers a configurable proxy, which enables me to use it transparantly despite geo blocking. Could such a configuration option also be provided for the uitzending gemist and kijk.nl plugins?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. avee
    • Premium Supporter

avee MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  4. doskabouter
    • Premium Supporter

doskabouter Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +1,088 / 1
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Uitzendinggemist is now able to use a proxy.
    For that to work, you have to fill in proxy, HttpSettings.ProxyServerAuthenticate, HttpSettings.ProxyServer and HttpSettings.ProxyServerPort .
    No support yet for proxies with passwords...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!