REQUEST: Resrrect the MyShowTimes plugin (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Did you perform an upgrade to RC4 or a full install?
    I had several issues with myShowtimes and other plugins - all were resolved by doing a complete reinstall of MP.

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've a D:\ partion on my HD so i've create a "D:\Mijn Video's\ShowTimes" folder with the latest package inside.
    then, i've copied your mediaportal.xml configuration of showtimesgrabber into my mediaportal.xml.
    Run MTSA from configuration and it works perfectly...(with 1 day in configuration)!!! :confused:

If you want me too I could just zip all MP related stuff and upload it to mediafire. Then maybe you could test it in some virtual machine too make things clearer?

Yes! I'm really curious... :mad:

Bye,
    Nephilim

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you perform an upgrade to RC4 or a full install?
    Yep, and yep had also problems with other plugins but after I reinstalled all of them with the MPI all was fine again.
    MyShowTimes didn't work for me before on RC3 either.

I'll make some zips

Edit:
    It's already online on my own server. I Really had to strip all fanart and stuff to keep the size limited.
    http://josznserver.co.cc/MediaPortal.zip

The server is uploading to mediafire as I type this cause that way the download will be quicker.
    In de zip is a folder called "documents & settings backup" (using xp), copy past that to the right location (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal)

edit2:
    mediafire link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dw0ym1gx4zk

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Based on that error, it looks like this just needs to be recompiled with the newest MediaPortal source. Anyone know where the source code for this is?

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    NephilimDM is working on this plugin and has already made some improvements here and there.
    Dunno where he got it or if he's the original author

Edit:
    it's sitting in SVN:
    https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/MyShowTimes/

Which version I don't know

It would be awesome if I somehow got this to work again. If it's something easy as compiling against the latest MP version (easy, right?) then it would be awesome if you could do this, or tell me how :)

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    X NephilimDM

I've come to this thread a bit late from what I can see. It would really help people like me if you started a new thread with the first post linking to the latest versions with instructions, as you mentioned you might a few posts back...

:sorry: sorry everyone else that have obviously been slaving away over the last 17 pages of this thread!

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    NephilimDM is working on this plugin and has already made some improvements here and there.
    Dunno where he got it or if he's the original author

Edit:
    it's sitting in SVN:
    https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/MyShowTimes/

Which version I don't know

It would be awesome if I somehow got this to work again. If it's something easy as compiling against the latest MP version (easy, right?) then it would be awesome if you could do this, or tell me how :)

Thanks, but that source is 18 months old.

I didn't read through the thread to see that NephillimDM was working with it, I thought this was something that had been broken for a while.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    NephillimDM IS working on it. I believe the source has been heavily modified from the original and you'll have to ask for the latest code :)
    NephillimDM is also newly married so there'll be no time for coding (if they can drag themselves from their bed ;) )
    :D

The original author was falkyre, but NephillimDM picked up the torch.

Oddly enough I have NO problems - running with RC4...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom