[Request}Small, and a must-have feature (1 Viewer)

runarius

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I am running newest version of MP, 0.2.2.0 and when I enter My music and browse through my music, saved in wav format for best quality, it won't give me any info, allthough other programs can view it. The music is sorted like this

c:\music\artist\album\tracknumber - trackname.wav

so it shouldn't really be a problem to find the name of the track. I suggest that when MP can't find any ID-tags it should display the filename(minus the fileextension) instead of just showing it as unknown. This is a small little addition to the code that could be easaly added.

Thanks for a great software.:)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    it is doing that already, tough i don't know when i've added it.
    could have happened after the 0.2.2.0.

when no tag is found, i use the filename as title

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've noticed this to. No titles displayed when not in ID3 tag. When I'm home I'll post my error.log. Just a "-" is displayed then. (latest SVN)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Don't know what you're doing, but something is going wrong at your side.
    I've cleaned all Tags from an MP3 file i had and then did a Scan of the shares.
    folllowing line is shown in config.log:

TagReader: D:\Temp\musik\Wish I Could.mp3 does not contain valid tags. Using Filename as Title

and that's what done.
    i have:
    Artist: Unknown
    Album: Unknown
    Title: Wish i could

so everything is ok

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I think it's becouse I use wav, not mp3...

As long as ".wav" is in the music extensions it should work this way.

For every file, which mentions the extension, we try to read the tag.
    if a file, whose extension is in the list, doesn't have any tags, we use the File name (without extension) as the title.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I am running newest version of MP, 0.2.2.0 and when I enter My music and browse through my music, saved in wav format for best quality, it won't give me any info, allthough other programs can view it. The music is sorted like this

c:\music\artist\album\tracknumber - trackname.wav

so it shouldn't really be a problem to find the name of the track. I suggest that when MP can't find any ID-tags it should display the filename(minus the fileextension) instead of just showing it as unknown. This is a small little addition to the code that could be easaly added.

Thanks for a great software.:)

No offence meant, but WAV is the most wastefull way of storing music.

Even if you're crazy enough to think you can hear the difference between a 320kb mp3 and the original, FLAC is lossless compression and is built into BASS. It will save you over half your disc space for absolutely no loss in sound quality.

runarius

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    yes, I know, but it is perfect for when I am burning cd's since I don't have to re-encode the files. I used to have e really slow computer, but a big hardrive so I used wav instead, since it was faster in any way, and I just don't bother to encode it. I have never encountered beeing low on discspace yet so I'll stick to wav for now just of laziness, although I don't need it anymore since encoding goes so fast anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom