Request to access more than 10 matching titles (1 Viewer)

Acteo

Portal Pro
August 15, 2005
Echiré, France
Home Country
France France
Hello,
This plugin is great, thanks for your job !
Unfortunately, i have a annoying problem : one of my favorite film i Léon (http://passion-xbmc.org/scraper/index2.php?Page=ViewMovie&ID=9684) i can't match it in Moving Pictures and get french informations because it's 18th in the list of matching results. But moving pictures only shows 10 results. Can i change this parameter ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Acteo, are you not able to supply IMDb tt-ID inside NFO or filename itself, or manually supply it during search? That locks it down to a single movie, and guarantees a 100% quick match.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Good idea. I tried to use IMDb id but it did not return any result.

Yeah, not every scraper-script uses the IMDb tt-ID to guarantee a single match, I know TMDb, IMDb (default), and obviously IMDb+ do, but you are probably using a French scraper. Unfortunatly Amazon/IMDb decided to kill imdb.fr, so IMDb+ no longer has full French support.

Just do a manual search at the website that is used by your scraper-script and match your filename *exactly* to the title they use, this will then cause a #1 position match on a search, so you do not even have to manually select it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    only mediapassion for french scrapper, but none new from them, for add support to IMDB+

The search-node on IMDb+ is done on imdb.com, so for me to use any other website during details-node, it has to have an IMDb tt-ID lookup system, otherwise it is a risky guessing game if it is the right movie.

RottenTomatoes.com
    MovieMeter.nl (Dutch)
    KvikMyndir.is (Icelandic)
    FilmTipSet.se (Swedish)

All support that, and I was using imdb.de/es/fr/it/pt a well, until Amazon/IMDb decided to pull the plug. So any language can be added if the movie website allows for IMDb tt-ID match either direct, or even indirect.

Do you happen to know if MediaPassion allows for that, cuz I've put effort towards that before, but nobody really replied to get me going. I believe the struggle last time was on API key that MediaPassion requires. Would have to run that via proxy then, because IMDb+ is open source and API keys can not be hidden, unless MediaPassion allows for hashes.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @RoChess : i use the exact title : Léon (1st post) but there is lots of results with no accent. I only see these ones. Maybe a problem with accents ?

Are you not supplying the year of 1994?

If I go to http://passion-xbmc.org/scraper/index2.php?Page=Search

And search for "Léon (1994)", it is the 2nd result (do not ask me why, but we can't all build a search system like Google).

So be sure to add year to your filename, and/or the manual search inside Moving-Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom