[Request] Update Site from OnlineVideo Configuration (1 Viewer)

SilentBob

Portal Pro
January 1, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

would it be possible to add a possibility to Update the Sites also in OnlineVideo Configuration Dialog?

I am running the MediaPortal Client UI with a user account without administrator priviliges.
Everytime I start OnlineVideo and want to do an update from the MediaPortal UI the Update request Administrator priviliges (UAC on) and everytime I need to attach my keyboard and type the password otherwise I cannot update the Sites.

So would it be possible to
  • either do this update also from Configuration Dialog in MediaPOrtal Plugin Configuration
  • or write/update the Site in a location where also windows default User are allowed to write (without administator priviliges), e.g. ProgramData directory or somewhere else

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had brought up the question a while back with the MediaPortal Team when this was first implemented and back then, the decission was to put the Site DLLs into the ProgramFiles folder.
    In OnlineVideos for MP2 I have already changed this to a place also writeable for all users.

So for now, you'll have to live with the UAC prompt if you don't want to disable UAC and use restricted accounts.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Or set modify rights for all users in the MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos folder

Edit: wasn't this an action in the installer?

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think this installer action works as we are expecting ;) UAC is a tricky beast.

SilentBob

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or set modify rights for all users in the MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos folder

Edit: wasn't this an action in the installer?
    Thanks this workaround helps.

In OnlineVideos for MP2 I have already changed this to a place also writeable for all users.

So for now, you'll have to live with the UAC prompt if you don't want to disable UAC and use restricted accounts.

Okay, so waiting for MediaPortal2 ;) and maybe you can also make it possible to update sites from configuration menu, as i open this one as priviledged user

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom