[resolved] Missing EPG on some DVB-S Freesat Channels... (1 Viewer)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
hmm. Then we need TVServer logs also (together with corresponding TSWriter_EPG.log).
Also make sure you have value >= 1 as Timeout for grabbing while timeshift (It is 1 on your screenshot, but the editing cursor is also there, so i thought you have just edited it).

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks @Vasilich, I'll get those logs uploaded as soon as I can.

Just to clarify, yes the Timeout was set to 1 when the TSWriter_EPG.log files was generated. I placed the cursor there while I decided if I should change it back to the default value of 2, which I did!

Thanks again...

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From the list True Drama, Pick +1, Challenge +1 and More>Movies +1 aren't on Freesat. Have you tried adding the 'Pick FSAT' and 'Sky Challenge TV FSAT' labels that are used for Freesat?

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks so much @Jasmeet_181, I started playing around and looking at all the feeds for all the channels at issue and all is now resolved thanks to you post! Feeling a bit foolish for not thinking that this might be the issue and I also presumed that the duplicate channels were just that, duplicate rather than different feeds.

So here's the summary of how each of the problem channels were resolved:
    • S4C - Wrong feed, duplicate name
    • True Drama - Not on Freesat
    • Pick TV - Wrong feed, Freesat feed under "Pick FSAT"
    • Pick TV+1 - Not on Freesat
    • Challenge - Wrong feed, Freesat feed under "Sky Challenge TV FSAT"
    • Challenge +1 - Not on Freesat
    • m>movies+1 - Not on Freesat
    • movies4men - Wrong feed, duplicate name
    • mov4men+1 - Wrong feed, duplicate name
    For those channels not on Freesat and that I want to retain I'll use WebEPG or other plugin for the EPG.

I do believe that the EPG grabber not working when viewing TV despite the setting "EPG grabbing while timeshifting/recording" being enabled (possibly only on dual tuner TV cards, as in my case and/or with only one tuner enabled for EPG grabbing) may be a separate issue/bug.

Thanks once again for all the assistance...

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    EPG grabber not working when viewing TV despite the setting "EPG grabbing while timeshifting/recording" being enabled (possibly only on dual tuner TV cards, as in my case
    i also have dual tuner, but EPG while timeshifting works perfectly, so in your case it should be some other reason.

But nice that you have sorted all out.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Ah right @Vasilich, that is strange. My TV tuner card is a dual DVB-S2 and dual DVB-T2. Maybe enabling only one tuner on each for EPG grabbing is the issues although, just to note, this isn't affecting the EPG since it is being updated through other settings, e.g. "EPG grabbing while idle" & PowerScheduler > EPG. Anyway, thanks for the help too...

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    @JJDoherty did you ever find a webEPG source for either of the following channels?

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    @JJDoherty did you ever find a webEPG source for either of the following channels?

@erichzann no, well I didn't add these channels to my EPG in the end, however the DigiGuide website does list these channels. Although I'm unsure if the UK WebEPG grabber for DigiGuide includes them. It's simply enough to edit the grabber file but I can have a look at some stage and let you know, if you like.

Also, this Sky UK EPG custom grabber, found here, may be of use to you, since both channels are on the Sky EPG too.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Great. Yes would be good to keep the webepg xml up to date. Like you say easy enough to add channel ids.

I used to run sky epg branch for many years but made updating mp a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom