resources and #Develop (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I have downloaded a more recent version of the source that has .resx files in it, which I have discovered to be resource files. #Develop doesn't seem to work with this files very well - everyplace in the code where it tries to reference the resource object, I get a runtime error. Can anyone point me in the direction of any extra steps I need to take with the resource files?

Gilthalas

A

Anonymous

yep!

But I don't see them refer to the resource files at all.....

A

Anonymous

follow up

I see that the import made *.resources files, are those are indeed listed under the resource files folder under the MediaPortal project. It just doesn't seem to recognize it. For instance, this line in d3dapp.cs causes a runtime error saying it can't find the resource:

this.Icon = ((System.Drawing.Icon)(resources.GetObject("$this.Icon")));

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

question

Schrauber,
Did you have the *.resources files anywhere under the xbmc/bin/Debug directory? I'm just trying to figure out why #Develop doesn't track these things down.

Oh, and on your how to compile under #Develop post, you might want to add the 3 new projects associated with GUIRadio.

Thanks for your help.

Gil

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
I must work over both HowTos. #Develop and C#Builder.
They are some days older.

In my debug directory are no *.resources. Only directly in the project directories.

Do you get only runtime errors? Or also at compile time.
If runtime: What do you do exactly, if you get the error?

A

Anonymous

a possible solution

I won't know if this works until I get home, but I read on the #Develop forums that resources must be named like:

namespace.class.resources

and not

class.resources

which is how they are now. When I get home I will try this out and let you know if it works :) If not, I'll pass on the exact errors I get.

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
Actually I cant build from the CVS tree.
In the Player Module the type or namespace IRender is missing.

OK, I will checkout later again. We will see.
Maybe I can reproduce your error.

A

Anonymous

fixed!

OK, as I expected, resources must be named:

[namespace].[class].resources

i.e.

MediaPortal.PluginForm.resources

This allows me to now run the app with yesterday's CVS build - not sure about your IRender problem, but that may have something to do with the new overlay stuff Frodo spoke of on the front page.

So, if you update your #Develop instructions, you might wanna add this little tidbit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom