[confirm] restart mp on resume option missing (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This option I used before which always guaranteed the server was woken from sleep. When mp resumes from sleep it doesn't always seem to wake the server. This was resolved for me so that mp would restart each time the client awoke.

This option is missing now and causing me problems.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
This option I used before which always guaranteed the server was woken from sleep. When mp resumes from sleep it doesn't always seem to wake the server. This was resolved for me so that mp would restart each time the client awoke.

This option is missing now and causing me problems from resume.

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi richardc1983, no this Option is no longer there. But you should try the "delay Startup for" Option. Try Setting high enough values like 20 sec. on resume. This should work. But it depend how Long your Network Card Need, before the link is established.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
Hi richardc1983, no this Option is no longer there. But you should try the "delay Startup for" Option. Try Setting high enough values like 20 sec. on resume. This should work. But it depend how Long your Network Card Need, before the link is established.

Tried this and whilst the tv server Wakes mp seems to freeze. Not sure why this option was removed as I am now unable to upgrade as it doesn't work.

Why not leave the option there for those that still use it?

Last edited:

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have no idea. I used this Option on the htpc of my brother in law.
So mp freeze after resume? Did you tried this with 1.4 final? Maybe some logs could help to find the Problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom