Restoring backup (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, drop.io is back up and I got another look at your databases, but it should have worked.

So I'll need that log file to know what the error is when you try to use it.

I did notice that on your old setup you have Y:\, Z:\ and D:\Media\Video\Movies as import paths, but on the new setup you only had Z:\ and D:\Media\Video\Movies configured. Using the old database then can cause problems if Y:\ is not configured.

But a look at that new log file would reveal possibly more, so still need it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok Y is back, it's a virtual drive. Same again.

Sorry, I can not see what could be changed to database to avoid this. Related problems were fixed in MovingPictures v1.0.x, but you never updated before you reinstalled, so not sure if it will work, but worth a try. Install MovPic v1.0.3 RC and use the fixed database I provided. If you are lucky it will accept the changes I made during the upgrade process and keep the movies intacts.

Otherwise I'm out of options and you would simply have to redo your database from scratch.

C

cYbton

Ah great, that works for me! :) Thanks alot.

But please have a short look at the screenshot there's a little bug.
    The star rating is also just filled with a tag.

Attachments

• movingpictures.jpg
      movingpictures.jpg
      543.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ah great, that works for me! :) Thanks alot.

But please have a short look at the screenshot there's a little bug.
    The star rating is also just filled with a tag.

Your skin needs to be updated to become compatible with the new MovingPictures.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yea i found it out. There was an update.

Thanks for finding a solution.

Just so we are clear, upgrading to MovingPictures v1.0.x using the volume_serial changed database I created for you fixed the problem and no movies got deleted? Or did you had to do other steps?

If so, please reply as such, it will help other people who might face the same problem and are searching the forum.

Also if it's not too much to ask, edit your first post, and adjust the 'icon' to the FIXED one, this will make it easier for other people to know that the thread contains an actual solution, so it is worth reading it.

:D

C

cYbton

Just so we are clear, upgrading to MovingPictures v1.0.x using the volume_serial changed database I created for you fixed the problem and no movies got deleted? Or did you had to do other steps?

Yes, that's right.

But I selected all movies in the movie manager and rescaned them with ofdb.de. The new script gets more movie details. But that was good, because it didn't change my manual added covers.

Thanks again.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Yes, that's right.

But I selected all movies in the movie manager and rescaned them with ofdb.de. The new script gets more movie details. But that was good, because it didn't change my manual added covers.

Thanks again.

Yes, that's fine, I actually submitted a request to have MovingPictures automatically rescrape movie information every X days, because those movie websites constantly update their info as well.

You can 'Star' it yourself to be kept informed about progress at: Issue 727 - moving-pictures - Extra option to automatically update movie info after X days - Project Hosting on Google Code

Right now it is planned for MovingPictures v1.2.0, and with v1.0 almost stable, that won't be 'too' far into the future. If enough people 'star' the issue, the developers could even change their mind and work on that code for inclusion in v1.1.0.

But glad everything else worked out. Enjoy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom