Resume from standby/hibernate problem (1 Viewer)

gunck4

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

First I would like to thank you again for a great software.

I upgraded my RC2 installation to 1.0.0 yesterday and it really looks good. However there is still problems when my htpc wakes up from standby or hibernate. If I just use mediaportal as before, with the powerscheduler and so on, all I get when the pc wakes up is a black screen. I also tested to close down mediaportal on suspend with the mediaportal standby tool and then start it up again after resume but in that case MP freezes at the initialize DirectX-stage. If I then close MP and start it up manually it works fine.

I couldn't get this new installation to work so I rolled back to RC2 and everything is fine again. I can (almost) live with this but it is really strange anyway. There has been problems with suspend/resume on my htpc since a RC2 SVN.

Unfortunately I didn't save any logs but my question is that isn't anybody else suffering from these issues or is it just my hardware configuration..? :mad:

gunck4

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland

Yes I know that I should have posted the logs but I just wanted my htpc up and running as soon as possible again. I have seen posts about buggy motherboards and so on in the past too but the question is- why did these things work in earlier versions of MP and in what way is it better as it is now? :) The other question is- why do all other software on the same pc survive a suspend without problems if the hw really is that buggy? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom