MP2 - V2.4.1 Resume playback from (1 Viewer)

sandiego1001

Portal Member
January 24, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So "Resume playback from" only works when MediaPortal 2 has NOT been turned off, meaning if I shut MediaPortal 2 down, restart it and go back to the video I had been watching, it will start only from the beginning - there is no pop-up menu asking if I wish to "Resume playback from" or "Play from start". I recall MediaPortal 1 would remember "Resume playback from" points for each video and regardless of being shut down in the intervening period.

MediaPortal 2 was installed using defaults across the board if that helps? I have watched percentage set at 100%, though this hasn't affected the resume behaviour from when it was at the default setting. Mediaportal 2 is installed on my local 'C' drive; my videos reside on a different hard disk.

Any pointers, fixes, comments etc.?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should work properly, there was never an issue reported to far. Here it works even on a multiclient system. Please report more details:
    Which version of MP2 are you using?
    Are client and server on the same PC?
    Which version of Windows are you using?

Please check here how to report issues. Without log files we can in most cases not tell much.

sandiego1001

Portal Member
    January 24, 2020
    Home Country
    I tried an uninstall (via Revo Uninstaller) and re-install, to no avail.

Are client and server on the same PC? Yes
    Which version of Windows are you using?
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎3/‎26/‎2023
    OS build 19045.2965
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-05-28-22.22.31.zip
      1 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the logs. There are some errors, but they are not realted to your issue I think.
    • How did you import your media items? It seems, that you selected all categories at once, which would be not ok. You should select only one category (e.g. series) at once and also separate the shares by category
    [2023-05-28 20:14:35,656] [1101223] [158 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Import for path '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///J:/', MediaCategories: 'Audio,Image,Movie,Series', including subdirectories requested...
    • Did you try to import the media share as "Local filesystem" or "Network neighborhood" ? First first, please try the "Network neighborhood" option.

sandiego1001

Portal Member
    January 24, 2020
    Home Country
    Thanks, I tried all suggestions, but to no avail.
    I notice when I uninstall / re-install my previous setup seems to be retained. How do I remove ALL aspects, files, etc.,? If there's a corrupted setting, then might that not be implemented after said uninstall / reinstall?
    If it makes any difference:
    1. software installed to C: (NVMe hard drive)
    2. Video files located on I: / J: drives (regular spinning drives)

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-05-29-15.32.11.zip
      1 MB
    • MP2-Setup.log
      12.3 KB
    • MP2-Setup_000_MainPackage.log
      29.5 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I notice when I uninstall / re-install my previous setup seems to be retained. How do I remove ALL aspects, files, etc.,? If there's a corrupted setting, then might that not be implemented after said uninstall / reinstall?
    The settings and data bases are located in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal". Best would be to probably move the folder somewhere else and then trying the difference (so you can still move it back ib case of no luck).
    If it makes any difference:
    1. software installed to C: (NVMe hard drive)
    2. Video files located on I: / J: drives (regular spinning drives)
    I saw that in the logs. This shouldn't make a difference. Just add them not as "local sources".

sandiego1001

Portal Member
    January 24, 2020
    Home Country
    I tried another uninstall, this time subsequently deleting folders:
    'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal',
    'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal'.
    Re-install per defaults.
    Server media sources for videos are network neighbourhood. Still the same issue.
    Any suggestions where else to look?
    Latest logs attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-05-30-00.21.58.zip
      2.3 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried another uninstall, this time subsequently deleting folders:
    'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal',
    'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal'.
    Re-install per defaults.
    Server media sources for videos are network neighbourhood. Still the same issue.
    Any suggestions where else to look?
    Latest logs attached.
    Thanks.

The logs do not show anything new unfortunately, meaning no errors related to it are present.
    To summurize you did following:
    • Playing a media item until a certain progress (e.g. movie 50%, clicking by mouse to the middle of the progress bar is fine)
    • Stopping the playback
    • Selecting same media item does not offer the option "resume playback"
    Is above correct?
    • Do related media items appear in Home screen in the category "Continue playing" ?
    • Do you have User Management activated? If no, can you do so once and retry?

sandiego1001

Portal Member
    January 24, 2020
    Home Country
    • Playing a media item until a certain progress (e.g. movie 50%, clicking by mouse to the middle of the progress bar is fine)
    • Stopping the playback
    • Selecting same media item does offer the option "resume playback", BUT:
    • Exiting MP2, restarting MP2, then selecting that same media item doesn't offer any resume option.

• Do related media items appear in Home screen in the category "Continue playing" ? - Not sure what is meant here
    • Do you have User Management activated? If no, can you do so once and retry? - Have to do that later, it's 04:00 here .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom