Resume Video playback crashes MP (1 Viewer)

billlagr

June 12, 2005
Hi all..
I have a bit of an issue when playing XviD files. If I go to My Video and play one, and if it asks if I want to resume where it left off and I answer "Yes", MP locks up. The screen stays on the file selection screen, but MP becomes unresponsive, and I can kill it with CTRL-ALT-DEL. If I say "No" and play from the beginning, it is all good.
Any suggestions? Would it be possible to disable the "Resume Playback" dialog box?

Thanks

MP 1.3.0
latest codecs
XP Pro SP2
Athlon XP1800+
TwinHan MiniDTV-T

billlagr

June 12, 2005
Fixed..It appears to be a problem with ffdshow. I disabled the XviD support and installed the stand-alone XviD codecs, and it resumes correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have attached the log of a session where I start a movie (August 6, 19:31:16), then it stops in a split second, then I start it again (at 19:31:24) and then it starts normal..
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have attached the log of a session where I start a movie (August 6, 19:31:16), then it stops...
Resuming playback has been an issue for me and has been an issue for many versions of MP. After stopping a program and then wanting...
Replies
Views
https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5078 and added to the next release of MediaPortal
https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5078 and added to the next release of MediaPortal
Hi there, Every now and then, when playing a video no image is rendered. The audio plays fine, but the screen stays black. Not...
Replies
Views
For me not ;) -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
For me not ;) -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
Description: After a resume from sleep the Radio Time plugin will no longer play any radio stations and gives the error shown in...
Replies
Views
Need to look again. Thanks Tapatalk
Need to look again. Thanks Tapatalk
I've noticed this issue since MP 1.19. When I'm watching live TV / recording / video, if I mini-view MP (alt-enter) --> pause...
Replies
Views
Sorry, I'm busy at work the week (and most often the weekend) and even work on the weekend or late, I didn't finish what I have to do !!! So this is not good! That's good news, you have found a lead that can trigger the issue. It's needed to analyze this, it seems that this option is disabled on my HTPC, but need to confirm it :)
Sorry, I'm busy at work the week (and most often the weekend) and even work on the weekend or late, I didn't finish what I have to...
I have only noticed this problem since updating to MP 1.21 Final, on resume from sleep I do not get any sound when navigating (and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom