Resurrecting MyPrograms plugin (1 Viewer)

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    What problem are you having exactly?

And to answer synack's question which may relevant to toutoune290 too, the myprograms plugin does not in any way offer any functionality to help close the applications that are run with it.
    For doing that with a remote you would need to use some other program that maps a remote key to a keyboard key like eventghost or maybe irss.

Weaslasf

Portal Member
    April 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Reserecting MyPrograms plugin

hello,

i'm using MP 1.2.1 with streamed mp skin and i tried to use myprograms 1.0.1.0 but i have a problem.

when i start an programm via application launcher directly from the root (my Programs) all works fine, but if i move the program into a grouper it doesn't work.

i tried to get the following structur:

my Programs
    .programs
    ..iTunes
    ..Google Earth
    .games
    ..PC
    ...Sims 2
    ..SNES
    ...Super Mario

i tried to start the application with the application launcher, directory cache (folder with all shortcuts) and filelauncher, but always the same result: in MP i could see all my programs but if i click them, nothing happend.

in MP configuration i could start all programs in directory cache, so i think it wasn't my mistake.

another problem is that i couldn't go to the parent folder. if i navigate e.g. to PC, i couldn't go back to the games folder.

hopefully there is someone out there who could help me, because i would really love to use this plugin.

best regards from vienna (austria)

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm trying to use my programs to view comics using CDisplay. It works quite fine, except when I stop CDisplay, it takes about 10 sec for MP to respond again and then it automatically switches to the homescreen. What's up?

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

I was wondering if it was possible to get hyperlink parameters supported in Myprograms?
    I would like to use it in aMPed skin.
    My wish is to have the possibility to not only select menus or plugins in the aMPed basic home menus, but also the Myprograms links.
    Hope you can help!

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has anyone tried this and Mutlishortcut? Are they the same / similar and what advantages does this have over the other?

Migue -I notice that Multishortcut is only still functional with MePo 1.2x because you posted a re-hashed old version. Are you developing both or will one eventually replace the other?

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hy Migue,
    i'm testing your plugin to read .pdf files.
    it works but i have a problem to quit reader and return to MP.
    have you got a solution for that ?

Is there a working solution...? Im using the plugin but cant close it from remote

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am using this to launch a browser for Netflix and Hulu since these plugins don't seem to exist. It opens the pages fine but they don't focus. MediaPortal retains the focus. I have to Alt+Tab to get to the browser. I have checked the settings and I do not have the "Keep MediaPortal on top" option selected.

Any ideas?

On a side note: If there are no plugins that work for Netflix (I've tried all of them I can find) and using MyPrograms opens a browser to whatever website you want, why can't a "plugin" be made that simply launches Netflix in your default browser? The main benefit being you can have a "Netflix" in your main menu instead of having to open a sub-menu. Is there some technical reason this isn't done that eludes me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom