Retrieve Weather Data from Netatmo for WorldWeather Plugin xml (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thought it was a bit too warm according to those measurements :p , gonna fix that and already have C02 and a few other values added :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could be warm spot ;-) , added new version below :)
    It has an option to choose which device/module to measure, currently fixed to station or first module found.
    Next up is outputting an XML file and see how well the WorldWeather plugin will display it.

Attachments

• NetAtmoNET 013.zip
      310.2 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Opened the World Weather config menu and selected local xml for the current forecast (under settings) but can't find any other option to specifiy the XML file it will use.
    Seems there's a wiki for World Weather Lite but not for this one, any idea how I can select the select the XML file there?

Pm'ed you the current XML output file if you want to test it as well.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Its always the worlweatherdata.xml in the programdata as i understand. You only select the source for the data filled in there.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could append the data to that file but unsure how it needs to be formatted as it currently contains only 1 profile but no actual weather data in mine, is there any sample file for that or some documentation?
    Seemed to have reached the API limit during testing so hopefully that will get reset soon :) , attached a new version which outputs the XML file (data content) to the current directory.

Attachments

• NetAtmoNET 015.zip
      311.8 KB

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The first page has the xml structure with values. Doku is availible at the worldweather site

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Currently it outputs it like the way in the first post but that is for one standalone XML file, found some documentation here but that is for the site itself:

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/api/docs/local-city-town-weather-api.aspx

Only not sure how the WorldWeather MePo plugin would import the local XML file from the NetAtmo export.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm? Are we talking about the same thing?

My Understanding:

The WorldWeather Plugin has the worldweatehrdata.xml File in the PrgramData Directory. There it stores the values from the different providers as set in the config of the plugin. So when you use WorlWeatherOnline the datat for current and so on are put there too. When you use local xml it only looks at teh xmlfile but won't fill it.

At least this is what I thought it is working. Need to get my HTPC now back to live - killed it yesterday totally - hopefully I'm able to restore a backup :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom