RetrieveSubtitles option not working when downloading from BBC iPlayer (1 Viewer)

sleepydog

Portal Member
October 20, 2011
Hi,
I just found out about the RetrieveSubtitles option, and it works ok for BBC iPlayer when streaming, but it doesn't when downloading. I have tried to play the files from MediaPortal, Media Player Classic and Microsoft Media Player, and I can't get any of them to show subtitles: as far as I can see the downloaded file doesn't include a subtitles stream.
Are the subtitles just not saved or maybe there is some other option that I have to enable?
I have MP 1.2.3.0 and OLV 1.3, ffdshow_rev4496_20121213_clsid for codecs.[DOUBLEPOST=1362341146][/DOUBLEPOST]ok, found out the answer by myself already: I updated OLV to 1.5 and I can see that it downloads the subtitles as a separate .srt file. I love MP and OLV more every day, thanks guys! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
Got into Disk Management to Change Drive Letter and Path for J: but found the "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" & "Browse" are both grayed out. Diskpart using an Admin CMD allowed me to Select Volume and Assign it to an empty NTFS folder. You've been a great help.
Got into Disk Management to Change Drive Letter and Path for J: but found the "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" & "Browse"...
Hi, I'm investigating how to get a failover command developed. Such as : FAILOVER <\\server\sharedfolders\SD02 | local HDD...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Did that also... :o).. But was hoping people in here maybe knew something about it, it cannot be only me. Ive tested it from several computers, all the same..
Did that also... :o).. But was hoping people in here maybe knew something about it, it cannot be only me. Ive tested it from...
see a bit from my log here.. [2020-08-15 23:14:49,068] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - Library MediaInfo.dll was not found at...
Replies
Views
Hello @aspik, thanks for that screenshot! Now I finally understand where to enable 'ATSC Closed Captions' -- not in the right-click Player configuration menu > Subtitle but in Settings > Players > Video player > Subtitles. And yes by enabling the option there, ATSC subtitles are indeed being shown in my local OTA streams. Player...
Hello @aspik, thanks for that screenshot! Now I finally understand where to enable 'ATSC Closed Captions' -- not in the...
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.2 Description From a previous bug report for MP 2.2.1 here: [fixed] - [MP2-611] Having problems with...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom