Revising MP2 settings (1 Viewer)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've tried MP2 a little bit in the past and always got stuck. This A4 version is working pretty well, but I don't see how to revise settings decisions I made initially. I chose the (name unknown) second skin, and it runs. But there is no place I see to change my mind and re-enter the settings cascade to try another skin, for example.

I suppose it's something simple, but . . .

Thanks in advance for a pointer or two.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Settings are available in each skin, there you can change skin under "appearance -> skin".

Please keep in mind, that different skins have different navigation:
    • Default / Rising: List based menu, scrolling inside list up/down
    • Reflexion: Horizontal layout, scrolling left right between all menu items
    • Titanium: Vertical grid layout, scrolling up/down between all menu items
    A note to myself: for titanium we need an scrolling indicator (scrollbar or arrows) to indicate presence of more items.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I ended up uninstalling it. Maybe I'll try again this weekend. But, apparently there is a circumstance to be aware of -- a mouse user, like me, can get trapped in Reflexion skin because not all menu items are available any more. There were just a few (4?) main menu items present. Then there was a small dim arrow, but clicking on it had no effect. I tried everything I could think of: scroll wheel, merely moving mouse to all 4 edges of screen, right-click -- all had no effect.

Perhaps the skin can't really handle a mouse, or else somehow the system thought there were only 4 to display.

Nevertheless, I am glad to see the progress you are making -- thanks, you guys. It's very smooth and silky, responding quite nicely.

I suppose you've heard the following comments, but here goes:

There were scroll bars in some appropriate cases, but they were display only.
    I found the sounds annoying, but didn't see any place to turn off.
    The inability, I presume, to have multiple directories combined as a single "Movies" or "Series" entity, is not handy.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    The problem is the Mouse wheel for this home screen is not being seen to move left and right.
    On the other hand, the keyboard arrows to allow the screen to be moved to follow the screen buttons from left to right
    Reflexion_01.jpg Reflexion_02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom