Right Film, Wrong Cover (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
For some reason, my aMPdroid is pulling through all the wrong covers when i click on the movies button. The films are right but the wrong cover is displayed against it. When I click on the film to either play it or stream it, the cover is displayed correctly.

This as only just started to happen.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Created a new database this morning with only 1 film in it, cleared the cache on aMPdroid (or so I thought) and even the one film has the wrong cover. Where does it store the covers??

Last edited:

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ok, this is frustrating. I have now wiped the phone, popped in a new memory card, cleared the cache on the phone and the pc, started a new database with one test film, deleted every picture (that I can find) for moving pictures and started again and still my test film gets the wrong cover in aMPdroid. On the PC its perfect so where does aMPdroid get its information from??

Bruin14

Portal Member
May 5, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
same problem, tried everything including resetting database, deleting all covers, rebuilding moving pictures database. nothing works. maybe mpextended is getting the wrong covers

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    (If you are still running aMPdroid 1.0.0, first try updating to aMPdroid 1.0.1 of course :)).

If the covers don't match, try this:
    - Delete the aMPdroid folder in the sdcard on your phone
    - Delete %TMP%/MPExtended and %TEMP%/MPExtended on the computer where the service runs
    - Restart the service and aMPdroid (force stop the application via the application menu)

Still getting wrong covers? It'd be nice if you could check whether WebMP shows the right cover. If WebMP does show the right cover, it's an aMPdroid problem.

Please open a new thread in the MPExtended forum:
    - Include your MPExtended logs
    - Include the name of a movie that shows the wrong cover
    - Include the MovingPictures and MediaPortal version you are using
    - Try to lookup the correct cover in the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs directory and post it's filename.
    - Try to lookup the wrong cover in the same directory and post it's filename.
    - Include your movingpictures.db3 (or send it to me in a PM if you don't want to post it publically).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The upcoming MPExtended 0.5 version now deletes the cache by itself if it detects that the cache contains garbage (wrong covers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom