Tools and other software Ripped DVDs do not fill screen, but downloads do. Ripper Settings? (1 Viewer)

rscsmith

December 13, 2011
Home Country
Mediaportal v1.1.3:
Windows 7:
Codecs
DMO Mpeg4s Decoder DMO mp4s, MP4S, m4s2, M4S2, MP4V, mp4v, XVID, xvid, DIVX, DX50 mp4sdecd.dll 6.1.7600.16385

Hi Folks

I have a problem ripping DVDs. When I download content, as an AVI for example, the picture fills the screen automatically. When I rip a DVD myself (using a different PC), it only fills the centre of the screen and I have to zoom manually.

I am using IMToo DVD Ripper Ultimate V5. I have tried many of the pre-configured ripping profiles including AVI, MPEG2, DIVX, XVID. I have tried Full Screen and Letterbox in the Zoom function within IMToo. I just can't seem to get it right.

I generally rip at 720x576. The rips are fine except for the resizing issue. No stutter, normally audio/video sync is ok.

Does anyone have any hints/ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Rob.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    It sounds like you don't mind what container the file is in. I'm afraid I haven't used that software to help you with the settings, but I can offer an alternative that works well for me.
    Perhaps try doing a DVD with makemkv instead? There is no loss of quality as it simply extracts the film to the mkv container in the original format. However you may think this is a bad thing because the file size will probably be larger than what you have done so far. I like this program because you can choose to keep multiple audio and subtitle streams too.
    With a license key it also does bluray.
    Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom