Tools and other software Ripping DVDs (1 Viewer)

SitheSly

Portal Member
August 12, 2008
Home Country
England England
I've spent the last few weeks, using ripbot.264 to convert all my, dvd, bluray & HDdvd's to 264. (will take me months to check them all!)

Dvd and Bluray are no problem, it just does it, hddvd's are a bit hit and miss. I am finding a few with really bad a/v sync problems.

Pros

easy to use and saves on HD space

Cons

takes 10-12 hrs to convert a bluray, very processor intensive (it wil max out all cores for as long as it takes)

onlylove1107

April 4, 2010
Home Country
Viet Nam Viet Nam
WinX DVD Author 5.5.4 a great DVD burner, you can find links on the Internet. Wish you have the program you want.

graham.reeds

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just to put my hat in the ring.

I put all the TV-box sets I buy I use DVD Decrypter to rip the discs to hdd. I then use handbrake to convert them h264/ac3 passthru.

A 42 minute episode takes between 900mb and 1200mb with no loss of quality - a 8gb disc of CSI ends up as 4gb.

I normally run them through with 424 width and target the video with 10mb a minute (about 420mb per file). I would love to retain the original quality but I calculated I would need roughly 2 TB of space to hold just the ones I own let alone all the ones I've downloaded, but before then I need to decide what case/mobo I am going to move to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom