Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (2 Viewers)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: Rockstar Beta 1.0.x - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

What I mean is go to Rockstar configuration and put your Spotify username and password again, then press OK or Apply.

Then start MP and try searching something, then attach all logs from Mediaportal logs directory, do not copy-paste.

P.A Nutts

Portal Member
    June 15, 2007
    Re: Rockstar Beta 1.0.x - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

Ok... this is embarrasing... I was remote controlling my HTPC when I was typing in my username and password and it seem like VNC had a different num lock setting so most likely my password was getting typed wrong. It does work now, thanks for your help... It looks like an awesome plugin :)

r2d290

March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Got some problem with this program. I'm running Windows XP. Installed Media Portal today, and then I installed the rockstar. I type my username and password in the config for spotify. Then I open mediaportal and navigates to the rockstar. Before I entered my username/password for spotify, I could press the search-button and then write something, but ofcourse I did not get any music. When I wrote the username and password, nothing happens when I press the search-button.

And when I press the playlist-button, I get a circle that continues to rotate and rotate in the infinite. I have spotify premium.

I've reinstalled Mediaportal, and re-written the username and password, but I still got the same result. You told P. A. nutts something about some log-file, but I do not know where to find those. Can't find anything about a log-file in the media portal folder.

Any idea what could be wrong?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Got some problem with this program. I'm running Windows XP. Installed Media Portal today, and then I installed the rockstar. I type my username and password in the config for spotify. Then I open mediaportal and navigates to the rockstar. Before I entered my username/password for spotify, I could press the search-button and then write something, but ofcourse I did not get any music. When I wrote the username and password, nothing happens when I press the search-button.

And when I press the playlist-button, I get a circle that continues to rotate and rotate in the infinite. I have spotify premium.

I've reinstalled Mediaportal, and re-written the username and password, but I still got the same result. You told P. A. nutts something about some log-file, but I do not know where to find those. Can't find anything about a log-file in the media portal folder.

Any idea what could be wrong?

1) What exact Mediaportal version are you running?
    2) What exact Rockstar version are you running?
    3) Double-check both versions

Log files are located in Mediaportal User Files: "The easiest way to find your user files is to use the Start Menu Shortcut under Team MediaPortal > MediaPortal > User Files"

I don't have Windows XP but my guess is that default log file location is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\log

Again, attach ALL files in the logs directory.

Please also check Troubleshooting Tips

r2d290

March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

1. File version: 1.1.3.0, product version 1.1.3.0, Assemblyversion: 1.1.3.29273

2. Rockstar_1.0.5.mpe1

Attachments

• Configuration.bak
      36.3 KB
    • MediaPortal.bak
      12.8 KB

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

1. File version: 1.1.3.0, product version 1.1.3.0, Assemblyversion: 1.1.3.29273

2. Rockstar_1.0.5.mpe1

As I suspected you are using wrong version of Rockstar.

You need Rockstar 1.0.3 for Mediaportal 1.1.3 which is stated here:

Downloads | Rockstar Space | Assembla

marson

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2007
    uk
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi seco will there be a ver of rockstar , as Rockstar_1.0.5.mpe1 is not compatable with the new MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta, and i'm not able to use it
    Many Thanks ....

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi seco will there be a ver of rockstar , as Rockstar_1.0.5.mpe1 is not compatable with the new MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta, and i'm not able to use it
    Many Thanks ....

Yes, see the project space, link is in the first post.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi, so Rockstar 1.0.5 is not compatible with MP 1.2.0B? Too bad! It's one of my favorite plugins.. Any idea when we can expect a compatible version? In a few days/weeks/months?

Take your time, and good luck

Grtz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom