Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) | Page 96

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by seco, October 28, 2010.

1. seco
    • Team MediaPortal

seco Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 4
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DutchAdept

DutchAdept Portal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Seco,
    Thanks for publishing the source (any change to the code will of course be done by proper pull and/or merge request).
    I noticed though that the source-code in the repository does not match with the latest binary supplied (2.5.4.0), in particular regarding calls to RdioSharp.RdioManager. Did you add custom methods (like ResolvePlayback) or is there an other source available online for RdioSharp except for the one on GitHub?
    I understand that most of these methods/functions are depreciated or even downright fail due to changes in the GrooveShark API and Rdio being discontinued, but it would be of great if I can start out just compiling the source and focus on Spotify functionality instead of having to clear out all calls to these non-available methods and functions (I'm not a great coder to begin with).

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. DutchAdept

DutchAdept Portal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So to get straight to the point: too many things to fix and on top of that having to replace the currently used API with a half-baked web-API which doesn't even support the actual audio stream. I don't have nearly enough spare time to start tackling this, so unless I get really (and I mean really) bored, I won't touch this with a ten foot stick.
    Here are some pointers for anyone else giving it a go:

- You need to have RdioSharp.dll referenced (kreeger/RdioSharp)
    - You also need Torshify.dll (torshy/torshify) and newtonsoft's JSON (NuGet) referenced.
    - I personally would remove all Rdio and GrooveShark routines, calls, methods and references (most of it has already been cleared out of the source)
    - To get the source compiled correctly remove all NLog (logger) calls and references from the source (at least that's what was needed on my system)
    - The plugin should function when compiled against the libraries of the current Mediaportal release (and after bumping version in the source). Mind you: only play/stop/next/prev, search and default playlist functionality are working properly.

- I recommend SpotifyAPI-NET (JohnnyCrazy/SpotifyAPI-NET) for easy integration of the web-API into VS.

Personal note: I guess it is tempting to make a hybrid plugin as a quick fix: use web-api for playlist and metadata handling, and keep using Torshify for the actual streaming/audio rendering, but since it's not clear for how long the libspotify.dll will keep functioning this would be a dead end in my opinion.

Last edited: March 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!