Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (4 Viewers)

nikko82

September 30, 2011
Home Country
Norway Norway
Re: Rockstar 2.0.3 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

Great plugin seco!
I'm working on my own plugin to display the name of the current playing media etc. on an external display, but can't figure out how to get the name of the currently playing song in Rockstar. Is that possible? I would also like to start playback of a specific playlist/album/song from my plugin. Can I do that?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Great plugin seco!
    I'm working on my own plugin to display the name of the current playing media etc. on an external display, but can't figure out how to get the name of the currently playing song in Rockstar. Is that possible? I would also like to start playback of a specific playlist/album/song from my plugin. Can I do that?

Hi,

Take a look at the skin properties: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/rockstar/wiki/Skinning_Guide

There is a bunch of stuff about currently playing song, including Mediaportal "standards" for music. You can access the values in code by using MP property manager (don't remember the class name).

Currently there is no way to give external commands to Rockstar so you cannot start e.g. playback from another plugin.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Rockstar 2.0.2 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

@Twinturbo

I'm aware of the WiMP but there are some problems like I don't understand Norwegian and they don't seem to have an API etc. Otherwise it would probably fit to Rockstar concept well.

@Others

Post the goddamn logs...

They have.... but you have to contact them for getting access!
    This tweet from feb '10 say so... Twitter

Translated from Norwegian: "@erlendaasland We have APIs for all our functions, but would initially only to drop to the "friendly" developers:) send us a PM!"

I believe Rockstar are going under the friendly developers category =)

Thanks for a great plugin!

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hello!

No doubt you've heard about the whole Spotify/Facebook account debacle. I don't have a Spotify or Facebook account so if I want to sign up to Spotify I would have to create a Facebook account, which I really don't want to do.

Is Rockstar able to log into Spotify with your Facebook login credentials? Has anybody tried it yet? I've looked at creating only a Sptofiy account without Facebook but it just can't be done. Unless I've missed something?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Many thanks
    Si

odysseus

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2006
    Newtonville,Massachusetts
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Hello, seco, thank you for this excellent plugin! I have Spotify and this works great in MP. I would like to ask if it would be possible to display my Spotify Library? It would be nice to browse it's contents without needing to use the search function. Thanks for any consideration to this request!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hello!

No doubt you've heard about the whole Spotify/Facebook account debacle. I don't have a Spotify or Facebook account so if I want to sign up to Spotify I would have to create a Facebook account, which I really don't want to do.

Is Rockstar able to log into Spotify with your Facebook login credentials? Has anybody tried it yet? I've looked at creating only a Sptofiy account without Facebook but it just can't be done. Unless I've missed something?

Many thanks
    Si

I just created a new FB account just to test Spotify out, but it fails to log me in from Rockstar.

This was just done with a free account I created. Maybe someone with Facebook and a premium account can test if it works?

I wouldn't mind paying for premium, but I would mind giving Spotify any of my Facebook-info.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hello!

Many thanks
    Si

I just created a new FB account just to test Spotify out, but it fails to log me in from Rockstar.

This was just done with a free account I created. Maybe someone with Facebook and a premium account can test if it works?

I wouldn't mind paying for premium, but I would mind giving Spotify any of my Facebook-info.

I have Fb and Spotify Premium!
    Tried to login with my Fb credential but got error. Put back my Spotify credential and it worked again!

But the developer should have a "Test" button in the Configuration view. That test if the credential that have been put in are correct. I believe Spotify, Grooveshark give you some feedback on a login attempt?!?!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Success!

In order to get Spotify working (without Facebook login) you need to log in to A world of music - Spotify and choose "Edit profile" from your username drop-down and click on the "Set a password for your devices" link.

Then you can sen an e-mail to yourself, this contains another link to a page where you can set a password. Use this, along with the supplied "device username" to log in to Rockstar in MediaPortal.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hi Seco

Would be nice with more facadeoptions, like in normal music-section (thumbs, filmstrip, coverflow) :)

When i create a playlist from Spotify (inside MediaPortal) the first item is ".." to go back to the list with all my playlists. But this item also have the "move up", "move down" and "remove" buttons (which it shouldn't) that the actual playlist has:

Attachments

• spotify_playlist.png
      spotify_playlist.png
      285.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom