Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (6 Viewers)

Entdecker

Portal Pro
May 28, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear all,
I have a problem whis the last "Rockstar 2.54" Plugin and spotify.

I can install "Rockstar " at MediaPortal 1.17 ore 1.18 pre whisout problem and no error messages. After the install an adding my Login information at Rockstar. I can not open Rockstar Plugin because "MediaPortal 1.17 and 1.18 pre" given and me a error Message ( skin file not found)

After this message I looking for the Skin File "rockstar.xml" and I can see that the file "rockstar.xml" is in the Mediaportal Skin folder. So I do not understand this message.

Currently I use "Rockstar 2.54" whis whis MediaPortal 1.12 whisout problem.

My question is
- Have someone install "Rockstar 2.54" at a new Mediaportal 1.17 ore 1.18 pre installation?
- What can I do to fix this problem?

Logfile is attached. Thank you for your help.

Entdecker

Attachments

• missing-file.PNG
    missing-file.PNG
    48.3 KB
Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Rockstar is not compatible with MediaPortal since MP 1.17Pre. The developers of MP have not bumped the compatibility version for plugins using the External Bass player subsystem. If this had been done when upgrading Bass Player in MediaPortal, Rockstar would have been marked as incompatible until the plugin is updated to the new version of Bass.

@Developers update CompatibilityInfo or don't use it and remove it completely.

Last edited:

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Ministerk,
    thank you for your answert. That is very pity. I have used "Rockstar" Plugin since I use MediaPortal and it was very usfull for me:sick:

I hope realy it will be find a Developer that will be looking after "Rockstar" .

DutchAdept

Portal Member
    March 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi All,

I took the liberty of (partly) reverse engineering this plugin to get it working with 1.17/1.18.
    An exception catch has been added to the playlist routine to prevent a crash to desktop, but the playlist functionality is still broken (I need the original source code for that)
    Local default playlist works o.k.

Attachments

• Rockstar_2.5.4V2.mpe1
      2.8 MB

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi All,

I took the liberty of (partly) reverse engineering this plugin to get it working with 1.17/1.18.
    An exception catch has been added to the playlist routine to prevent a crash to desktop, but the playlist functionality is still broken (I need the original source code for that)
    Local default playlist works o.k.
    Why source is not full after decompiling? C# is known to be very reversible...
    What soft did you use?

DutchAdept

Portal Member
    March 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Why source is not full after decompiling? C# is known to be very reversible...
    What soft did you use?

I use RedGate .NET Reflector, among other tools.
    The reversibility of compiled code is (obviously) hugely dependent on the complexity of said code. In the case of this plugin, the programmer has made things quite complex by incorporating the complete source code of the libraries he used into his program (Torshify, NLog, RdioSharp,NewtonSoft Json and he even mirrored some native windows system libraries like system.collections).

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @DutchAdept

thank you for continus development from "Rockstar" for MediaPortal.

I am very happy that "Rockstar" is back to MediaPortal. Currently I use "Rockstar " since 1 Weeks without problems, only the Playlist function I misst a little bit :)

I hope you find time to fix the "Playlist " Function from "rockstar" too! When you need help for testing "rockstar", please feel free to send me a messagge.

Best regards,

Entdecker

p.s.: @se Thank you for share the Source Code from Rockstar

DutchAdept

Portal Member
    March 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Seco,
    Thanks for publishing the source (any change to the code will of course be done by proper pull and/or merge request).
    I noticed though that the source-code in the repository does not match with the latest binary supplied (2.5.4.0), in particular regarding calls to RdioSharp.RdioManager. Did you add custom methods (like ResolvePlayback) or is there an other source available online for RdioSharp except for the one on GitHub?
    I understand that most of these methods/functions are depreciated or even downright fail due to changes in the GrooveShark API and Rdio being discontinued, but it would be of great if I can start out just compiling the source and focus on Spotify functionality instead of having to clear out all calls to these non-available methods and functions (I'm not a great coder to begin with).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom